England in Australia

Y?u won't see often a seven runs ball in cricket. :rolleyes:

But England showed a good fight.

Punk Sk8r said:
KP is too hot headed at times what was he aiming for Hussyes head or somthing?

this is just riddicuolas its nothing like 2005 all the build up etc and it turns out to be rubbish celebrations arent like they were in 2005 the atmosphere isnt, I mean half the Aussie crowd bother turning up its like watching England v Sr Lanka in terms of crowds...does anyone feel this Ashes series just doesnt have the sting of 2005?

I'd say it's because the grounds were much smaller in England and much close to the action. Aus grounds have larger capacity and it isn't really a holiday period yet.

Oh well I'm looking forward to 2009 both teams should be evenly matched the Aussies will have some young faces by then so it should be good.

Dare said:
not a england suporter or australia suporter but im glad this happend, because now Monty has a bigger chance of playing in the next test. all around bad performance by england on the last day, other than the top 3 only other batsman that got the point was Collingwood.
i seriously doubt this will allow panesar to play, its more likely that fletcher will be even more stubbon now and not play him.

I'm not giving up yet for England's chances but their chances are obviously remote for the remaining series. That 7 may prove to be very costly. Flintoff has bowled very well and he should bring Hoggard or Harmison back, Giles is just bowling pies. Geez Giles has had a shocking match dropping Ponting who added 100 runs, scored a duck and bowling pies. If he is not dropped for the next match I will be spewing.

Man i feel really sorry for Freddie the replay they just showed of him with Hoggard going up to him..........Freddie looks like hes really dissapointed!

duded64 said:
i seriously doubt this will allow panesar to play, its more likely that fletcher will be even more stubbon now and not play him.

yea got a point there. this test should be all over now.

kodos said:
I'd say it's because the grounds were much smaller in England and much close to the action. Aus grounds have larger capacity and it isn't really a holiday period yet.

Yea spot on, all our grounds have a minimum capacity of 30,000 apart from Hobart although that would be as big as any English ground so it's much easier filling up a 20,000 stadium than a 30,000 or in the case of the MCG 100,000!

You know if England win next two tests does that mean if the whole series is drawn will England retain the Ashes?

Yep if England win 2 out of 3 they will regain the Ashes, very dificult though IMHO away from home.

Usually the WACA is a nightmare for touring teams but from all reports it's a road and spinners have been having most success on it. I'm sure we will see Monty at the WACA surely.

well how many of us thought it would end like this after England made 551 and ausies made 513.

barmyarmy said:
I'm ashamed and embarressed by the team now and feel no satisfaction in saying "I told you so" about how useless Giles has been.
2-0 down in a 5-match series in Australia is game over.

Everybody's pointing towards Giles, I know he hasn't been great.
But what about your favorite Harmison, in my opinion the most overrated fast bowler in the world.
Anderson???

Users who are viewing this thread