England in Australia

I had faith in the Aussies :) I said they could win if they passed the English total then bowl the English out. Didn't happen exactly like that but I'll claim it :D

Hussey hits the winning runs, great stuff.

Australia won the match with six wickets. Great final day.

I would hate to be an English fan.

England were let down by their batsmen, bowlers and the captaincy. Not that Flintoff isn't trying, he just isn't good enough.

Trescothick being there would have helped. No real word on how he is getting on.

Who needs the cut:

Anderson first and foremost
Giles
Harmison
Jones

In for them

Monty
Plunkett
Mahmood
Read

Needs to happen. Even though Mahmood has been poor, he is a little better in tests. He is a much better test bowler then Anderson from what I have seen. Harmison has had 2 games and he is poor. His overall record is average. He needs the cut.

Whilst the batting in the second innings was poor, the first innings saves the batsmen.

But anyway, wow, what a match!

Couple of things:

1) Giles is crap he cant spin the ball, I reckon i can spin it more than him probably not same speed or experiance, he cant bat for you know what dont know who said he can bat I'd understand if he made 50+ runs in his Innings but no. Plus you shouldnt be expecting to rely on your no.8.

2) Looks like Beefy had to eat his words, calling the Aussies old yet their 2-0 up so doesnt matter if their old their winning!

s2sschan said:
Everybody's pointing towards Giles, I know he hasn't been great.
But what about your favorite Harmison, in my opinion the most overrated fast bowler in the world.
Anderson???

Anderson shouldnt be allowed to play cricket & Harmy is good whem on form and as Beefy said only way he can get form is by bowling, and were pointing at Giles because he technichally gave away alot of runs by dropping Ponting on 35!

well if you declare at 550/6 on a dead wicket and still get beat

thats enough to tell me England are no chance of winning any of the next 3 games

Giles is the most boring bowler I have ever seen in my life he bowls the same ball over and over again doesnt mix it up or anything!

irottev said:
I would hate to be an English fan.

England were let down by their batsmen, bowlers and the captaincy. Not that Flintoff isn't trying, he just isn't good enough.

Trescothick being there would have helped. No real word on how he is getting on.

Who needs the cut:

Anderson first and foremost
Giles
Harmison
Jones

In for them

Monty
Plunkett
Mahmood
Read

Needs to happen. Even though Mahmood has been poor, he is a little better in tests. He is a much better test bowler then Anderson from what I have seen. Harmison has had 2 games and he is poor. His overall record is average. He needs the cut.

Whilst the batting in the second innings was poor, the first innings saves the batsmen.

Mahmood shouldnt be allowed to play cricket either and I wouldnt chuck Harmy out reason being........read what i wrote above.

Yes Adam Giles sucks he has no variation or spin skill and another thing why do all of England have left hand spinners, Ian Sailsbury, Phill Tuffnel,Giles & Panesar I may have missed some out!

Last edited:
2 changes are imperative for England's chances of winning the next match.
1) Bring Mahmood in or at least play Mahmood and Plunkett in the tour match against WA.
2) PLAY MONTY PANESAR. I don't know if Fletcher is just stupid, stubborn or has a brain the size of a peanut, maybe all three but BRING MONTY IN.

I can see it now. Fletcher will say: "Giles brought his average for this series down below 100 with his performance in the second innings, so he should be able to win this series for us now".

Also they really are missing Jones, he would of been quite dangerous on this pitch where the ball was reversing.

andrew_nixon said:
I can see it now. Fletcher will say: "Giles brought his average for this series down below 100 with his performance in the second innings, so he should be able to win this series for us now".

haha I can see it happening, why do they have so much faith in Giles?

and what has happened to S.Jones?

whats he injured now?

adthomp said:
Giles is the most boring bowler I have ever seen in my life he bowls the same ball over and over again doesnt mix it up or anything!

And Warne didnt on those first two days? He was very average then.

Going to Perth, I don't think England want to drop Giles for a sloppy pace bowler. Granted Giles hasn't been effective, he might get something out of the dry and turning wicket, whereas the second tier pace options will just be targets and let's face it, Harmison and Anderson haven't been better than Giles. Bring Panesar in, but at the expense of the most useless bowler.

angryangy said:
Going to Perth, I don't think England want to drop Giles for a sloppy pace bowler. Granted Giles hasn't been effective, he might get something out of the dry and turning wicket, whereas the second tier pace options will just be targets and let's face it, Harmison and Anderson haven't been better than Giles. Bring Panesar in, but at the expense of the most useless bowler.

No no no...Giles can turn the ball consistantly once in 38 overs ive seen it spin even if he had carpet to bowl on he wouldnt be able to turn it hes just there for some apparent reason?

Not for his batting because he cant bat either, a batting #8 is Warne!

Punk Sk8r said:
and what has happened to S.Jones?

whats he injured now?

Been injured since May, back home in England with his feet up. By god we could do wit him now though.

I wouldn't drop Harmy he looked like he was in good touch in that test just didn't get wickets. He will be much more threatening than Anderson or Plunkett.

Users who are viewing this thread