England in Australia

Well there is a Twenty-20 WC coming up! That should be a good contest to watch but wont really mean much for who wins. But i will enjoy it as i love watching Twenty-20 matches as it is a good length.

Well I missed a large proportion of the match, I was listening in my car on good old BBC Radio 4 LW. They chose the last 15mins of the Australian Innings to cut away for some religious worship programme (They were back in time for the final ball). Helpfully telling me I could retune to BBC Radio Five Live Sports Extra on Digital Radio!!!!

OH REALLY!!

Is there anyone out there who has access to digital radio but chooses to listen in Long Wave crackley mono????? I dont think so! Come on BBC, my car is less than a year old and I dont have digital radio in it stop cutting away or stop rubbing it in.

I hate 20/20

The first innings is always great fun and exciting to watch and the 2nd innings is always ugly.

The winner is decided as soon as the coin is tossed :(

Its too rushed (no time to go grab another beer)

With some tweaking it could probably work but the way it is now its just a bit of fun and if its played too much the novelty will wear off.

its not decided at the toss, the fielding restrictions are the same for both teams, if one team can score big so can the next team, its decided by who plays the best, saying u can score 200 batting first but not seconds is total rubbish, its a state of mind that tells you that you cant, something that should be sorted out a long time before you reach international level.

wolf said:
Another hiding, this is getting embarrisisng.

Calm down, it's only a Twenty20.

Haven't seen any of the match yet but I can see that Cam White did well in the lower order. Shame on you Australian's for saying he isn't good enough at International level. Delighted to see Nixon in the runs on debut; He could well be our one bright spot in this tri-series even if his International career is going to be short lived.

can't believe England. Another pathetic effort. If we'd sent out the Leicestershire team they would have done better but at least Nixon got some runs. Always great to see Leicestershire players doing well.

It was more Australian brilliance than England patheticness from what i've read to be honest. I'll pass full judgement once i've seen the highlights.

evertonfan said:
It was more Australian brilliance than England patheticness from what i've read to be honest. I'll pass full judgement once i've seen the highlights.

Mixture of both again I'm afraid mate.

We dropped two dolly skyers off Ponting on 16 and Cam White who then proceeded to hit the next ball for 6 :p

Our fielding in general was appaling, slow, lethargic, and the throwing was dreadful. The bowling apart from Freddie and Monty was fairly poor too. It really shows that Anderson is being redesigned as a bowler. His lack of confidence in his "new" action is forcing him to try and bowl every ball on a length which means he has no variation which means he just gets hammered.

I'd say our best performer throughout the tour by a country mile is Bumble! He's about the only person who has displayed this "character" the England team keep harping on about. I'm starting to think "character" in their case is just an excuse for lack of actual ability.

Oh and our batsman were pretty useless as well, Colly hasn't looked international class since the first two tests, and his only real score came on the slow low pitch at Adelaide that we know he can get scores on. He still has done nothing to suggest that when the ball is bouncing or moving he actually has the ability to deal with it.

We were hardly at our best. I'm fed up of England now. good to see Monty pick up a couple of wickets today but the rest of the bowlers were poor. We should have played Tremlett in my opinion because he's suited to these conditions. Vaughan looked good but our running was pathetic. Those are just basic things. 7-1 on England to win no matches on this tour. I'm off down the bookies.

Have a bit more faith in your team man! It's a Twenty20, something which more than half of our players haven't done at International level. Besides, your judging a Twenty20 performance against the best team in the world as a pre-determined marker for how we'll do for the rest of the series? It might not seem it, but we deserve far more credit than that.

coming off the back of a 5-0 whitewash they have to earn our faith back. a world cup win and domination of world cricket for the next 100 years might just make up for throwing the 2nd test away

Users who are viewing this thread