England in Australia

Symonds gets his 2nd, hes been going really well with the ball. That was a classic with Dalrymple he was out LBW and stumped. Peter Parker went for the 3rd umpire as well :cool:

Bear gets one now, what a catch by Gilly and another double wicket :)

Not too concerned about the result as twenty20 has shown whoever bats first is pretty much guaranteed to win the match. I don't mind the idea that the commentators have brought up, 2 blocks of 10 over innings, this may actually produce fairer matches.

Great Monty is in now :D

I agree it's a worrying seeing that the toss decides the match, it's going to make the 20/20 WC a 50/50 chance. NZ Max cricket actually had the method Healy was talking about where teams would come out after a certain amount of overs chase that down then go another block.

Nixon looks quite good with the bat, he'll be a good addition for the English ODI side.

If they want to adjust the rules for the 20/20 WC they better do it soon.

Nixon's quite handy with the bat but I can't help notice he keeps shaking his head as if he edged a ball, even did it when he hit a 6!

Panesar's wicket was almost exactly the same as the run-out I got at school (me being the person who got it) :noway

Good on Vaughan for micing up. None of the others did. And he was one of the better ones with the bat. Some of the England players just seem so negative.

He will add a lot to the side, but it will take time.

England need Tresco back.

England players just didn't have the power strokes to match the Australians. Good match, but 20-20 to me is getting a bit predictable and tiresome with the results. The match gets over too soon and if the team batting first gets a huge total, it becomes a dead match quite soon.

irottev said:

Indeed he's the only player we have who can score quickly at the top of the order, Freddie and KP have both shown that if they come in early they normally go early.

Although to be fair to KP he was a little unlucky that the worst fielder on the park ran him out with a direct hit from 50 odd yards!

me said:
I reckon England will lose this by a good 100 runs now, Bracken to pick up 2-3 early wickets and we'll be playing catch-up for the rest of the innings just trying not to get entirely routed for under 100...

Again not exactly far wrong :(

Also India won their first twenty-20 against SA chasing, but they bowled really well that night to restrict SA to about 120-130... So you can win chasing, but need to really bowl well first up.

harishankar said:
Also India won their first twenty-20 against SA chasing, but they bowled really well that night to restrict SA to about 120-130... So you can win chasing, but need to really bowl well first up.

That is 1 in about I'm roughly guessing 7-8 games. To me that is extremely unfair to the side batting second. It's also very unfair particularly in Australia because the grounds are bigger and chasing large total require more boundaries and thus more chances of getting caught out.

irottev said:
Good on Vaughan for micing up. None of the others did. And he was one of the better ones with the bat. Some of the England players just seem so negative.

He will add a lot to the side, but it will take time.

In his current state? Or the real Tresco?

Users who are viewing this thread