England in Australia

even if england lose this match i just hope pieterson and jones give aussie bowlers a thrashing that will scar them for whole ashes series,

maybe one of them should aim for a shot at mcgraths bruised heel,

would go a long way in us making big scores for the rest of the series

Chimp132 said:
im gonna sound crazy now, but i think warney isnt as good as last year, if he didnt have those massive cracks in the pitch to aim at, he would of got many wickets i think, and paul collingwood was treating him as just another spinner

Those cracks aren't helping Warney thats more the pacemen. The wickets hes got so far have been the class of Warne. He may not look as good because England are attacking him which is the way to play him but hes bowling it perfectly still and could have had KP stumped.

Warne is a class act still, no one can doubt that.

However I am delighted with the way we played him yesterday! If he is going to get 4 or 5 wickets per innings (which he normally does!), we might aswell get some runs for those wickets.

I was proud of England yesterday, and although it seems still very likely we will lose this match, I think we have played well in this second innings and it is something to take to Adelaide. Where, I am sure, there will be changes in the team.

Sylvester - From an Aussie (or Kiwi ;)) perspective, were you impressed with the way Collingwood batted?

This would be my team for the second test:

1. Andrew Strauss
2. Alastair Cook
3. Paul Collingwood
4. Ian Bell
5. Kevin Pietersen
6. Andrew Flintoff (captain)
7. Geraint Jones (wicket keeper)
8. Ashley Giles
9. Matthew Hoggard
10. Steve Harmison
11. Monty Panesar

I think two spinners would be beneficial.

skateboarder said:

1. Andrew Strauss
2. Alastair Cook
3. Paul Collingwood
4. Ian Bell
5. Kevin Pietersen
8. Ashley Giles
9. Matthew Hoggard
10. Steve Harmison
11. Monty Panesar

agree with u :) ..

this is my first post on this site....

skateboarder said:

1. Andrew Strauss
2. Alastair Cook
3. Paul Collingwood
4. Ian Bell
5. Kevin Pietersen
8. Ashley Giles
9. Matthew Hoggard
10. Steve Harmison
11. Monty Panesar

I'd be looking at Colly 5 and KP 4 - I don't think KP and Flintoff play too well together, they try to outdo each other in terms of big-hitting, and one inevitably fails.

A_Whitey said:
I'd be looking at Colly 5 and KP 4 - I don't think KP and Flintoff play too well together, they try to outdo each other in terms of big-hitting, and one inevitably fails.
Which is ridiculous really, one should knuckle down (I say Flintoff) and the other be flamboyant (Pietersen).

gary0808 said:
If we're being honest this game is dead. We should look at some glaring errors of this teast and move on to Adelaide.
Speaking of glaring errors Strauss, Collingwood, and Flintoff, got out to very bad shots. They need to check those in the rest of the series.

JamesyJames3 said:
Sylvester - From an Aussie (or Kiwi ;)) perspective, were you impressed with the way Collingwood batted?

I've always rated Collingwood ever since a VB series a few years back where he would stay in forever. He looked a bit uncomfortable when he got in but Punter's the same but once he got in he was much better and didn't look like getting out. He played Warne very well using his fit to get to the ball on the full or half volley sadly that was his down fall in the end but he should continuing backing himself against Warne.

skateboarder said:

1. Andrew Strauss
2. Alastair Cook
3. Paul Collingwood
4. Ian Bell
5. Kevin Pietersen
8. Ashley Giles
9. Matthew Hoggard
10. Steve Harmison
11. Monty Panesar

Collingwood looks way too high, he should be about 5 or 6, KP should go back to 4 cause he is England's best batsmen leaving Bell at 3.

skateboarder said:

1. Andrew Strauss
2. Alastair Cook
3. Paul Collingwood
4. Ian Bell
5. Kevin Pietersen
8. Ashley Giles
9. Matthew Hoggard
10. Steve Harmison
11. Monty Panesar

3.Bell
4.Pieterson
5.Collingwood

No! Anderson in for Harmison, I know well this is not the time to be dropping Harmison but the chances of him coming back after this disasterous start is low and he could pull a Gillespie.

If England go 1-0 down after being humiliated they need to be pro-active and let Harmison play a club game instead of the second test.

manee said:
No! Anderson in for Harmison, I know well this is not the time to be dropping Harmison but the chances of him coming back after this disasterous start is low and he could pull a Gillespie.

If England go 1-0 down after being humiliated they need to be pro-active and let Harmison play a club game instead of the second test.

So you want to play a guy who bowled even worse and has never played well against Australia in test matches?

I think he bowled well (not figures, how he actually bowled), he bowled short a bit too short at times but besides that he bowled well and pitched a fair few up. He was unlucky to come up against a rampant Ponting who drove everything.

I do not think Monty should be a question; he has to play, England lacked the ability to take wickets and Monty has that ability, especially when you give him time to get wickets, he can break partnerships.

I would give Harmy at least another game cause without him England stand no chance of getting Aus out. Anderson bowled some good balls but not consistent enough and wasn't threatening at all in the 2nd inns.

Users who are viewing this thread