England in Australia

i think the only 2 possible results are aussie win and a draw. The later will only come if KP and Jones stay together until tea, and then Giles bats well, with KP. But theorectically the aussies should win. it is their own stupid fault if they don't, look out for the newspapers on tuesday if that happens. Ponting wil be in for it.

plympilgrim said:
i think the only 2 possible results are aussie win and a draw. The later will only come if KP and Jones stay together until tea, and then Giles bats well, with KP. But theorectically the aussies should win. it is their own stupid fault if they don't, look out for the newspapers on tuesday if that happens. Ponting wil be in for it.
Probably but if it is a draw the newspapers are likely to be filled with praise for England's batsmen because it is very unlikely declaring when Ricky Ponting did with a day and three quarters to go a team will bat it out. It would be seen as unlucky surely.

JJ3 said:
Because if Ponting would have enforced the follow on, the game would have been over before lunch on the 4th day. He has given us a chance, and we English would love to make him pay.
And now it'll be over by lunch on the 5th, the pitch is still an absolute road and being in the field for two days straight in that weather isn't really great fun or ideal preparation.

JJ3 said:
Mate, you really ain't got a clue. The England fans are only complaining because our trumpet player got ejected from the ground, which is an absolute disgrace.

For you to think we are bothered by your simply embarassing chants of "aussie aussie aussie" and "warneyyyyy" is pathetic. "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" now that's what the English should be singing at the aussies.
For someone without a clue this article seems to mirror what he said very accurately...

Sureshot said:
Do you know what these songs are?

Could they be the repeat of the songs sung about Monty?

Don't comment on them if you don't know what the song is.
I've heard the whole thing played on the radio, it's just generic stuff about your climate and being whingers etc etc. I'm surprised that they're bothering to complain about it

ZoraxDoom said:
If England survive a session tommorrow and take it till about mid-way second session, it should give them some confidence coming into test 2. If they can do what Lanka did to them, they could be in with more momentum than Australia into the second test...
Yeah, confidence should be sky high after scoring 350-400 on a pitch where their bowlers couldn't get a wicket whilst conceding over 200 runs. They've still been absolutely embarrassed, all our extra innings did is showed how easy it is to bat out there.

brad352 said:
And now it'll be over by lunch on the 5th, the pitch is still an absolute road and being in the field for two days straight in that weather isn't really great fun or ideal preparation.

For someone without a clue this article seems to mirror what he said very accurately...

I've heard the whole thing played on the radio, it's just generic stuff about your climate and being whingers etc etc. I'm surprised that they're bothering to complain about it

1 - Saying it'll now be all over by lunch on the 5th day is an opinion, not fact.

2 - They probably don't find the song that bad to be honest, it's just a continuation of Cricket Australia having no respect for England. You didn't see us playing songs at tea and lunch saying how crap Australia was, did you? You didn't see us splitting up all your parties of fans on purpose, did you?

Leave the chanting to the fans. Cricket Australia clearly felt they needed to step in as Australian cricket fans haven't got the ability to match their English counterparts.

Not rain gambo..
I'd lose my Vcash :mad

5 wickets,well the match can go either way i.e [Aus win or draw]

Ye i suppose england coulda had a chance of winning if colly stayed there 330 on the last day with 7 left would of been possible.

I would be a lot more confident of saving the game if Colly was still in.

If Jones gets some runs here it is a fantastic oppertunity to get people off his back.

I read on Cricinfo McGrath went off today with a bruised heel, is he likely to bowl tomorrow?

I would love to see Ponting in the firing line from the media if England manage to save the game tomorrow, I feel it was a ridiculous decision not to enforce the follow on and if it comes back and bites him on the arse it would make my ashes series, even if we lose 4-0 after it.

im gonna sound crazy now, but i think warney isnt as good as last year, if he didnt have those massive cracks in the pitch to aim at, he would of got many wickets i think, and paul collingwood was treating him as just another spinner

If we're being honest this game is dead. We should look at some glaring errors of this teast and move on to Adelaide.
Collingwood should be at 5 because I don't think having Pietersen and Flintoff back to back works well
Panesar should come in for Harmison because at the moment Harmys bowling isn't good enough to play for Durham let alone against Australia in Australia.

the overs he bowled yesterday looked ok, but wasnt really enough to tell

To be fair Gary that complaint hardly holds much water when both Kp and Colly have been in the runs in the second innings. It's about the only decision the management have gotten right in this test to have KP coming in when Warne's likely to be on the attack.

Monty and Freddie as skipper are the two glaring errors, whilst I am personally starting to come around to Jones again and I feel they may have actually made the right decision regarding that one. He's looked a little more solid than Gilly behind the stumps, although the ball has rarely beaten the bat for him to truely demonstrate where his game is at the moment. But batting wise his technique which has always looked more solid than Read, feels like it will hold up more than Reads may have done. Still if he drops an important catch in the next test I'll no doubt go back to my previous ranting about picking the better gloveman :p

Yes Puddle I do agree with Fred as skipper because it always has to be a batsman. Freddie was guilty of being too modest in this test and underbowled.

Users who are viewing this thread