What? Harbhajan is a spinner? i thought he bowls part time medium pace:lol

----------

Top five jokes of 2011

1. Harbhajan is a bowler,

2. Harbhajan can spin the ball,

3. Harbhajan has a lot of variations,

4. Harbhajan is in the team for his performance,

5. Harbhajan creates no controversy.

well India can still feel proud that they have got their best spinner who bowls some good nice and tight off spinners, in the form of Munaf Patel :wave

karan316

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nope because Yusuf isn't good enough to bat in the Top 6. Number 7 is ideal for him. Not for Raina, Kaif, Karthik, Uthappa who were proper batsmen used to the top order, but Yusuf was a middle order bat who clearly wasn't good enough for that position internationally, but definitely lower order hitting material. But when he wasn't getting enough deliveries to face in the WC, and wasn't making the most of what he got, and his bowling wasn't clicking, he deserved to be drop. Raina added more in the field and bowled just as well, and as it turned out was vital in runchases.

Ok, agree with you:thumbs

And i didn't say that he should bat in the top 6, he should bat at number 7 only,
But you should not expect a number 7 batsmen to be consistent.

The records speak for itself, no recent batsmen has been comfortable at that position. Yusuf can take the game away from any given situation against any bowling lineup even though he bats so low.

I would like to see Raina at 6 and Yusuf at 7. That would be ideal. And instead of making Virat and Raina bowl, I would like to see Yusuf bowl a bit more. Yuvraj and Yusuf should bowl 10 overs between them or more if required. There is no reason for Raina to bowl, he bowls very flat and is too negative in his approach, and you can never make Raina bowl against a set batsmen unlike Yusuf who can bowl in any situation. I really wish he is groomed properly. He is a very selfless player, there is so much of competition currently but he has never looked to play for himself and cement his place, he has always played for the team instead.

P

pcfan123

Best moment of the series? Yuvraj being peppered by the short stuff in the 2nd test and handling it like a fairy.

That or the Sehwag king pair, that was so delicious

Highlander999

ICC President
How much would you piss yourself laughing if England did reverse their batting line-up for the final test and on the opening morning Swann and Anderson walked out with the pads on (assuming they keep the same XI)

P

pcfan123

Not much, I'd rather see them play proper and whitewash this sorry excuse for a test team

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I'm gone from hoping for an England win before the series to hoping for a big India win to shut up all the Pommie parrots who are talking about 10 year dynasties...:mad WAY too early for that kind of talk...

Interesting stat table on cricinfo at the bottom of this article: England v India, 4th Test, The Oval, 2011: Venue a solace for beleagured India | Cricket Features | England v India 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo Shows the big Indian batsmen and what they've averaged since 2007 outside Asia and broken down against pace and spin. Bottom line: they love spin, but only Gambhir averages over 50 against pace. Laxman and Sehwag are under 40 against pace, and Dravid barely gets over 40.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
well India can still feel proud that they have got their best spinner who bowls some good nice and tight off spinners, in the form of Munaf Patel :wave

And that is why he has over 400 test wickets eh?

I'm gone from hoping for an England win before the series to hoping for a big India win to shut up all the Pommie parrots who are talking about 10 year dynasties...:mad WAY too early for that kind of talk...

Interesting stat table on cricinfo at the bottom of this article: England v India, 4th Test, The Oval, 2011: Venue a solace for beleagured India | Cricket Features | England v India 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo Shows the big Indian batsmen and what they've averaged since 2007 outside Asia and broken down against pace and spin. Bottom line: they love spin, but only Gambhir averages over 50 against pace. Laxman and Sehwag are under 40 against pace, and Dravid barely gets over 40.

Let them enjoy for a while. It's their time but wait till next year when first they meet SA and they will tour Sub Continent. I bet this number will drop down for sure. :yes

macintosh

Club Captain

This article doesn't prove anything, its just has some stats, nothing in detail,
It just shows how Indian batsmen have played against fast bowlers outside subcontinent(where pitches assist pace bowlers) since 2007.

Why don't you consider the bowling lineups India have faced outside the subcontinent in the last 3 years? And its obvious that Indians would play spin better because we grow up on spinning wickets playing quality spinners. Just like the batsmen outside the subcontinent play pace bowlers well,
Playing good spinners on turning wickets is an art, and so is facing quality fast bowlers in swinging conditions.

Collingwood50

Club Cricketer
Sorry why are we risking Anderson?

Has anyone else noticed we are 3-0 up? Give him a rest, Give onions a go. I can see him picking up a nasty injury this match :(

ferg512

International Coach
I'm not watching atm but from the sounds of cricinfos commentary that was a horrible start from RP Singh. If only he could regain his form from 2007-08.

macintosh

Club Captain
What the hell? RP Singh is playing, how the hell can he be selected ahead of Munaf? Poor Munaf, after doing well on all the hard work on flat Indian wickets he comes to know that RP Singh is picked ahead of him swinging conditions.
It doesn't matter even if RP performs well. Because he cannot bowl well until the pitch offers a lot of pace and bounce.
And Raina is playing again:noway Why do some players get so many opportunities while others get their chances in bits and pieces in the current Indian team.
When will this favouritism and Politics end in the team. Its so frustating man,
these idiots are still not learning anything, don't feel like watching India's matches until all these stupidity ends.

Users who are viewing this thread