England In India - October 2011/12

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Man England pwned India like the way the Nazi's would have pwned Gandi's non violent movement

And he is still not banned yet. When I try to say something, mods delete my post and tells me to shut up in PM. Well I guess that's how things work in here.

P

pcfan123

ra7S8.gif

P

pcfan123

Since you asked Maney.

Two other posters made offensive remarks, but their National Team is not England.

By and large English fans have not pressed my buttons.

first off I'm not English, don't insult me again.

2nd off, what I said is hardly insulting, it may be in poor taste but it's not insulting. Gandhi was peaceful and the Nazis were insanely violent. They would have crushed him, this is undeniable. I'll admit it was in exceptionally poor taste, that's my forte. So stop getting your panties in a bunch and quit throwing around the racist card.

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
CyberWar

first off I'm not English, don't insult me again.

2nd off, what I said is hardly insulting, it may be in poor taste but it's not insulting. Gandhi was peaceful and the Nazis were insanely violent. They would have crushed him, this is undeniable. I'll admit it was in exceptionally poor taste, that's my forte. So stop getting your panties in a bunch and quit throwing around the racist card.

Thank You!

Don't tell me you are not even British.
Your taunts and digs did create ill-will betwwen the fans here.

But why are you posting on this thread since October 2010? Who are you? Why do you care about an India - England Test Series?

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^Pertinent Question ;)
come out with the truth Mark. Who are you?:spy
Coming to more serious matter at hands, I think England have done India a favor here. India were riding high before coming here and were oblivious of their own weaknesses. England have uncovered those chinks in the Indian armor. A strong batting line does not mean you will win with a deeply pathetic bowling department.
Second you must have depth to hold onto the coveted number one ranking. Injury to one bowler should not mean, you are bound to lose.
Third, start the process of finding replacement of your ageing players.

P

pcfan123

I didn't realize you had to be English or Indian to follow the cricket teams. Perhaps only the English should live in England as well then, and Indians in India.

My parents are English to answer your question. Also if you are so proud to be an Indian, why the fearsome tweak do you live in New York? was India not good enough to stay in?

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
MemSahib

Also if you are so proud to be an Indian, why the fried chicken do you live in New York? was India not good enough to stay in?

New York's Salt Mines are nicer than Bombay's.

Would love to go back to Bombay if and when the MemSahib (White Lady Boss) agrees.

s2sschan

Club Cricketer

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Its basically about role models. Young cricketers here have role models like Imran Khan, Wasim and Waqar and try to bowl as quick as them. Hence they are genuinely quick when they get into more serous cricket. Indian on other hand have role models like Gavaskar and produce batsmen of highest caliber.
I think India to hire a fast bowling coach to nurture budding fast bowlers. Some one like donald or Wasim could fit the bill.

Owzat

International Coach
That completes what must be THE most comprehensive series whitewash against the supposed top team in the world, ever! Crushing defeats in all four Tests, Dravid the only batsman for India to score over 300 runs in the series and only Scrachin and Dhoni scored over 200. The bowlers were not able to sustain any pressure, Kumar took 15 wickets in three Tests, Sharma the only other Indian bowler taking over 10 wickets and those at 58.18

England on the other hand made most, although the hype over their catching practice is laughable, practice is good but it won't stop players dropping catches when they've been out in the field a while, aren't wholly focused on catching like they are every second of the short catching practices, and when the ball is coming at all sorts of angles and not just routine heights and speeds.

KP and Bell scored over 500 series runs, Cook "just" 348 runs and two others scored 200+ runs. Broad and Anderson both took 20+ wickets in the series at healty averages while Bresnan took 16 @ 16 ! Swann was the major disappointment, had a cracking final Test taking nine wickets, but took only four wickets in the previous three Tests.

All in all a thumping series win, but tinged with disappointment it wasn't more of a contest. Broad, we hope, has come of age and seen what happens when you pitch the ball up, with Broad, Anderson, Bresnan and Tremlett fronting our pace attack, and Swann usually doing a good job as spinner, it is one of the best attacks in the world. Could do with one of the batsmen offering something as back-up with a four man attack, prefer a spinner but Bops could do a job. He must be gutted that he got in then was declared on due to time lost to rain.

Some serious testing matches to come though, surely the World ODI Champions will turn up, and then what, we go to India for more ODIs (ZZZZZZzzzzz) and Sri Lanka for Tests?

karan316

Banned
I was researching why England have so many replacements,
this is what i found out, its and ugly and uncomfortable truth for some
you have been racial and offensive towards my country, time to tell you some truth,

Nine post-war England captains: Gubby Allen (born in Australia), Freddie Brown (Peru), Donald Carr (Germany), Colin Cowdrey ( India), Ted Dexter (Italy), Greig and Lamb (South Africa), Nasser Hussain (India) and Andrew Strauss (South Africa).

Some England players and where they actually belong,
Michael Lumb - South Africa
Kevin Pietersen - South Africa
Jonathan Trott - South Africa
Craig Kieswetter - South Africa
Eoin Morgan - Ireland
Andy Caddick - New Zealand
Craig White - was born in England,Having played in Australia, White was not initially qualified to play for England, and yorkshire listed him as an overseas player, then he went on to play international cricket then.
Graeme Hick - Zimbabwe
Robin Smith - South Africa
Chris Smith - South Africa
Allan Lamb - South Africa
Tony Greig - South Africa
Hollioake brothers - Australia
Gladstone Small - West Indies
Phil DeFreitas - West Indies
Devon Malcolm - West Indies

Skipper Andrew Strauss was born in Johannesburg, but left South Africa at the age of six. He first learnt the game in Australia, as it happens. Matt Prior was 11 when he left South Africa, and proudly claims to have lost his accent "within a week".

In all, 61 overseas-born players from 15 countries ? including unlikely places like Peru, Hong Kong, Italy, Germany, Denmark, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Papua New Guinea ? have played Test cricket for England.

I wonder why you have so many replacements
And still you struggled for so many years in international test cricket
and still have an average ODI team.

Don't you have enough talent in England?

Would you have won the t20 world cup without Kevin Pietersen and Craig Keiswetter?

Would you have really grown in cricket despite of your traditional old school cricket management if you had only English cricketers in your team?

Do you think England would have achieved the number 1 test status without the non english players?

Answer is no. And now you people will just follow this up with abusive, offensive and racist remarks, thats what i expect from some of the English fans who are provoking me to write this post.

m sorry to English supporters I have no option, these people are getting personal and being too offensive, I didn't wish to write something like this.

I really have a doubt whether all this is true (or half true). I will check on the info you have given.

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Coaches

Its basically about role models. Young cricketers here have role models like Imran Khan, Wasim and Waqar and try to bowl as quick as them. Hence they are genuinely quick when they get into more serous cricket. Indian on other hand have role models like Gavaskar and produce batsmen of highest caliber.
I think India to hire a fast bowling coach to nurture budding fast bowlers. Some one like donald or Wasim could fit the bill.

We need hundreds of good coaches at the Under 19 Level to coach the Correct Bowling Action to players who are 15 to 19 years old.

Once they start first-class cricket, it's very difficult to get them to change anything.

The Indian National Team and many First Class Teams are very reluctant to have a coach.

The Bombay Cricket Association's Coaching Manual is......can't find the words. Such a wealthy Cricket Board deserves better....but take a look at the bowling section.

MCA >>> Coaches Manual

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
It's stupid. Half the names he's given were born outside but learnt most if not all of their Cricket in England.

The misery has come to an end. What a horrible tour.

Mishra and Sreesanth should have killed their test careers right here. Not test match bowlers. Way too inconsistent. Must be dropped and forced to earn their way back. As should Harbhajan who's had a horrid couple of years.

It would be harsh on RP to expect him to perform given the circumstances under which he was recalled. So I'll let him slide.

Sachin's milestone is looming over him like a rock. He look good in so many innings till throwing them away with a bad shot. Nerves, impatience, very disappointing.

VVS...don't know what to say. He got some beauties that were too good, and threw away his wicket with loose shots the other times. He too looked sublime, but should have done a lot better.

Dravid was epic. PK bowled and batted with all his heart, deserves his spot in the side.

MSD and Ishant, to me, just look tired. Fatigued. Ishant's body can't keep up, he bowled some really good, sharp spells, but couldn't keep up the intensity. His action falls apart when he is tired, and then he's rubbish. He's still got a lot of potential as a strike bowler...but he needs more strength and fitness. And rest.
MSD...yes he's defensive, but no one complained when we were winning. Fact is, most captains in world cricket are defensive now, and MSD was forced into the position most of the times due to the lack of bowling resources.
However, the way he led during some moments (Such as the Swann/Broad partnership in the 2nd test) were awful. Poor basic cricket.
MSD must be horribly fatigued. He's played so much cricket in the last 2 - 3 years. And the World Cup, must have taken so much out of him. I just don't think he was in any condition to play, let alone lead, this series. His batting clicked in the third match, but it was too little too late. He kept fumbling the ball when keeping, his leadership lacked that spark. He is only human. He needs a break.

Raina, I think, has just ended his Test career. Tough conditions, yes, and he came out to bat at difficult times, but that's what Test cricket is about, and his technique and temperament were found lacking.

Yuvraj isn't a test player. Sure he got a fifty, but was so edgy against the quicks (dropped on 4, remember), and cashed in when Swann came on.

Gambhir fought. Played with an inured elbow and a concussion, I mean, cmon. That takes guts.

It's just bad management and disappointing performances from the Seniors. Ishant, MSD, Zak and Sehwag should have all been maintained and kept in better shape before this serious, not overloaded with cricket or unercooked. Sehwag should have never been allowed to play in the IPL.

Our bowling depth is non existent because guys like Sree, RP, Irfan all get ignored for A Team tours after they're dropped, nor are sent to play county cricket, but just left to rot and fend for themselves. We keep chopping and changing quicks like Australia does with spinners. Pick them when they're raw and inexperienced, and when they fail or have a slip in form, dump them, forget about them, move on to the next one. Tinu Yohannan, Yo Mahesh, Irfan, Balaji, Sree, RP, Umesh Yadav, Unadkat. One fears Varun Aaron is next on this cycle.

Irfan, RP and Sree can still succeed at tests. They need more A Team, 4 day and some county cricket. Some proper coaching and guidance. Some more fitness. And please can we not ruin Chahar, Unadkat, Yadav and Aaron. There is potential there that needs to be harnessed properly; hopefully this thrashing will serve as a wakeup call to the BCCI.

And what Munaf has done to be ignored is anyones guess.

And onto spinners. Bhajji's been rubbish for ages, yet the selectors stick with him because he's marketable, instead of giving guys like Ojha, Mishra and Ashwin more game time. The West Indies would have been an ideal place to let those three have a run, see if they're in good shape. We have spin talent (even guys like Chawla, Abdullah, Jadeja, Rahul Sharma, Bhatt...) but they aren't breaking through because the selectors fear a public backlash if they drop Harbhajan, or because they like Harbhajan too much. But his time has come. He is done with. Drop him.

Players like Rahane, Pandey, Tiwary, Rayudu are knocking on the door, we should see them get more game time soon, along with Kohli and Pujara. They need more 4 day and Test cricket. Mukund has potential too. Raina and Yuvraj are fine and dandy for the ODIs and T20s.

Complete mismanagement really. Yuvraj shouldn't have been near the squad for tests. The selectors had Pujara in mind, but when he didn't work out, why wasn't Kohli considered before Yuvi?
It was clear and obvious that while Raina is a tough character, and successful in ODIs, he would struggle in Tests, and England against that bowling attack was not the best way to introduce him to this level. He performed against the West Indies, but somewhere during the 3rd test it must have occurred to them that maybe Kohli would have been a better bet?
By then though, the series was lost, so Duncan must have felt lets give Raina a last shot. A 40 odd ball pair, and I think that ends his Test career.

And then the bowling...why pick Munaf if he wasn't going to play? Why RP out of the blue and not one of the guys at the Emerging Tournament like Vinay Kumar or Aaron. Or even Unadkat if they were so desperate for a lefty...

Just bad, bad, bad performance. And carrying guys like Harbhajan, Yuvraj, VVS, Sachin, Viru, Dravid, Zak and Sree always meant the side would be lacking in the field and with energy. Not enough fitness or energy.

Just terrible. Somehow India have papered over the flaws in bowling thanks to Zak and the occasional performance by Bhajji, Ishant, Ojha and Sree. So when Zak is gone, the glaring weakness are exposed. This moment was coming, and wow did it come.

Batting...VVS, Sachin, just failed to show up. Loose shots and all. Dravid was epic, Gambhir was injured for like half the series, Viru was a grand failure playing rusty, unfit, and against a fired up attack. Left a lot of burden on the inexperience Mukund, and the technically flawed due of MSD and Raina who failed.

It's just bad. Bad bad bad. Bad. Bad everything. Hugely disappointing.

And then the body language. India just gave up from 2-0 down. The last test was a forgone conclusion after the first over. They just went through the motions. It was like they didn't want to be there.

Horrible. This could possibly be the worst I've ever seen India.

Only way is up from here. Hopefully this will be the kick up the backside the BCCI has needed and make them finally, FINALLY, manage the player's schedules and workloads properly and actually nurture our bowlers instead of picking them, tossing them in, and dropping and forgetting them the moment they don't click, or persisting with them for far too long.

We need better domestic cricket and pitches. We need more A Tours. We need to stop picking bowlers when they're too young. We need better coaches.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread