England In India - October 2011/12

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I hope they bring Mishra in after how he did against Somerset. Bowled 15 or so no balls and went at 9 an over.

jacobfelix

International Coach
puneet28 said:
Pragyan Ojha and Virat Kohli Included

Yeah. They have replaced Harbhajan & Yuvraj respectively. Incidentally, Ojha was supposed to play for Surrey.

Themer said:
I hope they bring Mishra in after how he did against Somerset. Bowled 15 or so no balls and went at 9 an over.

And suppose if he comes off with a match haul of 15 wkts :D dont regret your choice...:p

Last edited:

Themer

Chairman of Selectors

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Exactly, and if you want to talk about overreaction, lets rewind to when India won that joke of a tournament, known as the World2020.

Did anyone in England even blink twice when they won it? nope, cause it's fake cricket.

Either way this is all just horseplay, I couldn't care less about a series against India. Ashes or nothing baby

Two matches and the excitement is over for you? Wonder how the Aussies must have felt having rapped you Poms day in day out in all those Ashes series.

----------

Harbhajan is out of the series, which is good news. Ojha who came for playing county is now going to replace Bhajji. Yuvraj is also out of the series which means Suresh Raina will get to play the entire series. I am pretty sure Dhoni is not going to pick 4 fast bowlers (his over rate needs lot of help from spinners). I would bring in Amit Mishra for Harbhajan, Zaheer (if fit) for Sreesanth, Gambhir for Mukund and Sehwag (if fit enough) for Yuvraj. Four changes that would be.

----------

Yuvraj got a duck in that match. Still he scored 62 in the last test. Sreesanth was also crap that match, but he still bowled pretty well in the last test. Don't take warm up games as a comparison.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
You must be joking right? Sehwag and Gauti are not even playing. Bhajji can't bat and looks like he may never 'click' again as a Test bowler. He's not even good enough to get a bowl. Dravid has 'clicked' in both games, unless your circular definition of 'clicked' is 'singlehandedly won the game' which I fear may be the case. If you're not joking, it's a joke.
Sehwag and Gauti are back- They're all set to play next game! Take out Bhajji, I was just kiddin' in his case.

Regarding RD- Only one performing will not help out! There should be someone to support him, like how the total team did so far.

Virat Kohli will be surely missing out because India has full side back. Ojha might get a chance, because Bhajji isn't playing.

puneet28

Club Captain
I would Prefer Ojha rather than Mishra, Ojha Performed well in all the chances he got, plus he bowled in flat tracks of India...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I pick Mishra for the reason that he is more conditioned now to the English conditions (Ojha is just about to arrive and he will need time to adjust and we don't have any time now for letting players adjust) and also the fact that it might be a good ploy to unleash a leg spinner against the English batsmen who have a history of not playing leggies too well. I am backing Mishra not to repeat his performance against Somerset here into this game.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I'd pick Ojha just for the left-handed factor. Right hand seam attack creates roughs that Ojha can exploit beautifully, and then there is KP vs. SLAs.

Mishra's had one really bad game, don't want to toss him him.

Want to drop Sree for Zak, and if Zak isn't fit, play Munaf. Sree can't control the runs and control is what the bowling is lacking at the moment. Plus the remaining pitches aren't swinging, seaming paradises so Munaf will work better.

Gambhir and Viru in, Mukund and Raina out. I'd keep Yuvi in. His bowling is more useful, he's fielding well, and I feel he'd perform better than Raina owning to his experience and his own special relationship with the English.

Gambhir
Sehwag
Dravid
Sachin
VVS
Yuvi
MSD (*) (+)
PK
Ishant
Ojha
Munaf/Zak

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Gambhir and Viru in, Mukund and Raina out. I'd keep Yuvi in. His bowling is more useful, he's fielding well, and I feel he'd perform better than Raina owning to his experience and his own special relationship with the English.

Yuvraj is out of the series.

I'd have -

V Sehwag
G Gambhir
R Dravid
S Tendulkar
VVS Laxman
S Raina
MS Dhoni (c) (wk)
P Kumar
I Sharma
P Ojha
Z Khan/Sreesanth

Won't have Munaf. It would mean no pace at all except only Ishant.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
My team would be:

Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS Laxman
Virat Kohli
MS Dhoni
Zaheer Khan
Praveen Kumar
Ishant Sharma
Pragyan Ojha

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Oh wait, Kohli is in, I see. So, yeah I'll have in ahead of Raina.

Users who are viewing this thread