England In India - October 2011/12

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Found this on cricinfo.

135795.2.jpg

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
if he need rest then why he not take his name back from CLT20 but he not doing that because he need more n more money and not only he all indian players just need money
It's not as easy as that. MSD was paid a massive amount, was the star player and captain for his franchise. If he was to back out he would face a lot of arm twisting from the franchise in question, not to mention quite a lot of backlash from the public and the club. He doesn't seem to be the sort who'll say no to it, tired or not. He was given responsibility, he'll fight through it.

Really the BCCI should be protecting the players and not leaving the decisions to the players themselves.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I hope India choose to bat first tomorrow. Fielding first means you're always trying to match what the other team did first which can create a bit of a mental block at times and you usually fall short in such situations. India should bat first and set the tone for the match.
Plus, you never know if the pitch will be pinched or set on fire.

macintosh

Club Captain
if he need rest then why he not take his name back from CLT20 but he not doing that because he need more n more money and not only he all indian players just need money

It's not as easy as that. MSD was paid a massive amount, was the star player and captain for his franchise. If he was to back out he would face a lot of arm twisting from the franchise in question, not to mention quite a lot of backlash from the public and the club. He doesn't seem to be the sort who'll say no to it, tired or not. He was given responsibility, he'll fight through it.

Really the BCCI should be protecting the players and not leaving the decisions to the players themselves.

Instead of players taking a rest or a break, it would be wise if there are less number of matches in the yearly schedule, money is not a question as the Indian players anyways get a lot out of endorsements and central contracts, most of our regular players do not need to play the IPL or CLT20 for money. Its not the players, its the BCCI who is ignoring the players needs for money. You can't blame the players at all.

A lot is expected by the franchise and the supporters from their respective players,
a player has to play for a very short span of time in a year for the franchise, he cannot say no in it until and unless it clashes with the international matches,
its too difficult for a player to say no.

The schedule has affected the players, but you cannot blame the schedule completely for MSD's bad performances,

MSD did get a break in the West Indies series,
but he has managed only 4 fifties in his previous 16 tests,
and outside the subcontinent, he averages just 28,
And it sounds strange because he is a better player of short balls in the Indian team,
He needs to work out his game against the fast bowlers on foreign wickets.

Another reason behind his batting slump is that he plays low down the order in tests and a lot of times he has to face the second new ball, thats too difficult especially in South africa, England and Australia. I would like to see him bat at number 5 and followed by laxman at 6 and Mukund/Raina at number 7, because Laxman can handle the second new ball well . This will give MSD and the team a better chances of scoring more runs.

Adam Gilchrist and Matt Prior have had a lot of experience as openers, so they are very good number 7 batsmen in tests as the second new ball is not a problem for them. MSD has not batted much up the order,
so he should not be wasted at number 7 and should be sent at number 5 or at the most 6 so that he gets a good opportunity to score.

MSD has an average of 57.55 at number 6, much better than his number 7 average of 31.28.
If he bats at number 5 followed by Laxman and Mukund/Raina at number 7,it would be a better idea as you don't want the second new ball to change the course of the game for India.

I would really not want Raina to be at number 7 and Mukund is best suited as an opener,
m just saying it considering the players available,

Geoff Boycott has written in an article today that 'Even my mum can play the rising delivery better than Raina'. Raina is not a good option on the foreign wickets especially in tests.

I still have a strong opinion that Irfan Pathan should be batting at number 7 in tests as it increases the depth in our bowling and he has also done a decent job at number 7 as a batsmen.

Last edited:

jacobfelix

International Coach
With all the riots happening....I thought this would be a non-starter. Good, Match is starting. :) We are batting.

Last edited:

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
With all the riots happening....I thought this would be a non-starter

The riots are incredibly minor compared to anything that would have stopped the game going ahead, load of teenagers nicking from shops not terrorists with AK47 ala Pakistan.

Sehwag vs Broad. Only one winner, WAG.

----------

Appeal every ball. Awesome.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Stop appealing every ball FFS! It makes me so nervous.

darthlewis1

Club Captain
I predicted before this match that sewhag would get out for under 20. No first class game since January excluding the two day match. Also coming off an injury and having to face the swinging ball.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I predicted before this match that sewhag would get out for under 20. No first class game since January excluding the two day match. Also coming off an injury and having to face the swinging ball.
I was thinking 30s myself, at best :p

Don't know why such high hopes were pinned on him. Sigh.

----------

India in ODI mode already it seems.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I was thinking 30s myself, at best :p

Don't know why such high hopes were pinned on him. Sigh.

----------

India in ODI mode already it seems.

I wouldn't say that. Gambhir has a good strike rate but a few of his boundaries have been edgy. Also, the outfield here is much better than in the first two tests. Very fast from what I have seen so far in this test.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

YYEAAQAHHHHHHHHHH. take that.

Out first ball, wasn't this guy supposed to be your saving grace?

FTB. FTB.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
because it paints a much more accurate picture. Pre-teen hoolgians are known to loot stores and set fires to cars/whats immediately around them, there is no actual threat to the Indian cricket team. Crazy muslims are known to kill people indiscriminately in planned attacks with weapons, in fact they killed many in the hotel the English team was due to stay at, so there was a serious and very real threat.

Don't start what you don't want to finish, you drew the comparison, I was just pointing out how invalid it is

try and answer my post then. you are the one that can not start something which he can not finish.

Users who are viewing this thread