England In India - October 2011/12

Highlander999

ICC President
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is just for all the idiots who before this series started were going on about how England were going to be thrashed. Reading all these posts by so many sore losers has just cracked me up totally! :D Maybe cause the Indian test team sucks so much now and they are obviously going to do an England in the 90's routine and embark on a few years of losing non-stop they will learn a bit of humility

And he is still not banned yet. When I try to say something, mods delete my post and tells me to shut up in PM. Well I guess that's how things work in here.

No one forces you to post here if it is so bias. Go to another forum and bug them with your whining.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I think this whole keeping-batting-captaincy deal is taking a toll on MSD. It might be worthwhile to play a pure keeper bat at least in ODI cricket or something to give this guy a break. I would suggest it for Test cricket too but frankly Dhoni isn't good enough to be a pure batsman in the 5 day game.

Secretly hoping for a Dinesh Karthik comeback in India colors :spy

Actually its not that bad of an Idea. He could solve our problems at number 6 in tests too... while giving Dhoni a break. And we can play Dhoni as a 3rd seamer :D

----------

This series on the whole has been a good wake up call for our bench strength. We can no longer afford to carry passengers in our test squads. WTF were guys like Wridhi Saha doing in the team? Granted he is a good keeper but no way is he test quality IMO. Same goes for the case with the bowling attack. Rewinding to South Africa... Unadkant? REALLY? Do they REALLY expect guys like him to have success against teams like SA? I remember we had another injury problem and we were forced to play him in a test. He got caned.

We need to take a closer look at our reserve resources, bowling especially. And we still have not found our answers for the number 6 spot. Raina is obviously not the answer. I am a little surprised as to why people are giving up on Yuvraj. Pre-World Cup I was the undisputed, number 1 hater of Yuvraj Singh but I think that in recent times he has really matured as a cricketer. I think he deserves a fair shot again (didn't he get a 50 this series) but he needs to work on his fitness.

My other options would include Pujara, Badri, and maybe even some unconventional pics like Manoj Tiwary.

WTF was with our batting. How the hell can it not get over 300 on these flat pitches??

Whatever. too many questions. not enough answers. just glad it is over and we can start afresh.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
No one forces you to post here if it is so bias. Go to another forum and bug them with your whining.

No one is forcing you to read my post. If you don't like it, don't read it. And don't tell me what to do.

Really excited to see Varun Aaron in the ODI's. Hope he gets a place in final 11.

Highlander999

ICC President
Never Rohit!

I did like your post, for how pathetic it was, I was just giving you some advice if such a petty insult upsets you

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Well I was doing the same but seems like, you don't like it,too. It's better not to advise to someone if you are also doing the same thing eh?

Anyways, I don't want to fight with you anymore, so we should stop I think and just move on with cricket. Hope you understand

Last edited:

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I really enjoyed watching this series,
well done to England, I am not a fan of test but I seem to love watching England in Test :)...and watching India getting whitewash is a great feeling:D.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Yes, I do accept they played horrible in those 4 tests but one series does not make them bad, infact this series was helpful in a way that will help India to get some young talents in the team. I am hoping for a better Indian team for fututre.

macintosh

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
What if 4 South Africans and 2 Irish players are removed from the current England team, how many replacements would they have?:lol Not to forget some others quitting because of depression.

They Should name themselves SouthIreLand or World 11 or all stars 11 or maybe South Africa A. England doesn't suit them,
must be funny to see how Pietersen, Trott, Keiswetter and Morgan sing the England national anthem:p

'God Save The Queen'

----------

Secretly hoping for a Dinesh Karthik comeback in India colors

Me too:D better keeper and can adapt to any condition while batting, doesn't need flat tracks like MSD or Raina.

Picking Saha as the 2nd keeper just shows MSD's insecurity with Karthik.

lewissaffin

Club Cricketer
What if 4 South Africans and 2 Irish players are removed from the current England team, how many replacements would they have?:lol Not to forget some others quitting because of depression.

They Should name themselves SouthIreLand or World 11 or all stars 11 or maybe South Africa A. England doesn't suit them,
must be funny to see how Pietersen, Trott, Keiswetter and Morgan sing the England national anthem:p

'God Save The Queen'

You just got demolished in every Test Match and whitewashed 4-0 in a month. I suggest you focus on your own team, rather than ours.

Sureshot

Executive member
Okay, some posts in here have been unacceptable and have been dealt with.

Can people please think before they post. We don't mind banter, but there is a difference between banter and insults, it should be friendly. If you can't debate without insulting others, then maybe you shouldn't be debating.

There is so much we can discuss, the turn of Broad in this series from the Sri Lanka series, the impact of injuries for India (and England), what this series means to both sides going forward, the ODI series, etc. Please don't descend in to childish behaviour, we can have some great debate, so lets try to do so.

Other Admin and mods have made posts about how we're watching this, or stop with the posts and some have ignored it. That's not great guys.

If you have any questions, PM me. I'm drawing a line under this, it's a final warning for everyone, we can do better than this.

^ See, that's the line, don't abuse it!

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors

'God Save The Queen'

----------

Me too:D better keeper and can adapt to any condition while batting, doesn't need flat tracks like MSD or Raina.

Picking Saha as the 2nd keeper just shows MSD's insecurity with Karthik.

You just want to play cheap and wait for someone to insult India back dont you?

Highlander999

ICC President
So cricket.....? What are the odds on England losing the first ODI, by quite a fair bit and us England fans returning to our normal expectations of our team? :D

Users who are viewing this thread