Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
If he was selected for a World XI on current form I would say it was "buying into the hype" rather than taking a genuinely world class player. I don't see anything more special about him than Strauss.

7th in the ICC Test Rankings, and you say Pietersen doesn't show enough attacking intent, yet his strike rates are far better, bar this 1 series from Strauss. Pietersen's far better than Strauss, and the fact everyone rates Pietersen as easily England's best player proves that. Pietersen is feared by bowling attacks. Look what he did to Makhaya Ntini this past summer. Ntini's a man who has been looking incredibly dangerous against Australia, and has troubled players for a long time with his angle, yet Pietersen was just walking across his stumps and flicking him to the on-side with complete ease. Strauss is not feared anywhere near as much, and doesn't have the capacity to destroy a bowling attack like Pietersen does.

Please stop with the 'current form' crap, I'll tell you again, last 3 series he's averaged 60.14, 49.66 and 58.80, scoring 3 hundreds, all 3 of them against 2 of the best 3 sides in World Cricket, with 2 against South Africa and 1 in India. Strauss has scored 4, but 2 came in 1 Test match and the other 2 have come against West Indies. Pietersen also has had 2 innings where he's got out in the 90's. He's in fantastic form, and the fact I'm backing my points with stats and not just making ridiculous claims proves that I'm right. Surely the fact you're the only one on this forum that has this opinion should also help settle it for you?

Lol, they'd be rightfully buying into rightful hype. He deserves the hype, he's consistently been brilliant for god knows how long. Just because he's become more sensible doesn't mean he's resting on his laurels.

Pietersen is currently the best batsmen in Test cricket, without a doubt. That does not mean he is the best batsmen ever, just on the current crop of players, imo there is no one who is better. Ricky and Sachin are both class, but are on the decline, so its Pietersen that is the top scalp. The ammount he is being paid in the IPL, would also indicate this.

Pietersen is currently the best batsmen in Test cricket, without a doubt. That does not mean he is the best batsmen ever, just on the current crop of players, imo there is no one who is better. Ricky and Sachin are both class, but are on the decline, so its Pietersen that is the top scalp. The ammount he is being paid in the IPL, would also indicate this.

you wish...

Oh dear god no, his conversation rate (50-100) and average are far too poor to make him the best batsmen in test cricket.

But, that is not to say he ain't a great batsmen.

Oh dear god no, his conversation rate (50-100) and average are far too poor to make him the best batsmen in test cricket.

But, that is not to say he ain't a great batsmen.

Shiv has been playing cricket since the middle of the 90s, and KP started 10 years after that.

As you said "currently" the best batsman is Shiv, check the record over the last 2 years.

Yeh, can't say I agree with KP being the best in the world either tbh. He's a top class batsman, and currently in the top 4-5, but I'd say Ponting, Tendulkar and Chanderpaul are ahead at the minute. Once they retire though it'll be KP all the way, unless Smith continues his fantastic form.

Could it be that Pietersen isn't in the best form of his life and thus has cut back his fluent play to play more grittely so that he still manages to contribute to the team to a massive level. Oh wait, of course it's not. He just wants to be a responsible, averaging 50+, world class batsman. Hate it when people do that

Ricky, Shiv, and Tendulkar are all past they're best, KP is still improving. No doubt, in they're pomp they may have been better than KP but not currently.

It's a shallow person who will celebrate retaining the Wisden Trophy if we win the next Test.

Users who are viewing this thread