England more important than IPL - Stuart Broad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander999

ICC President
Stuart Broad says the desire to be in peak physical condition for England is the reason he will not compete in the Indian Premier League in 2010.

BBC Sport - Cricket - England more important than IPL - Stuart Broad

Anderson and Broad put England before IPL

The England fast-bowling pair of Stuart Broad and James Anderson have decided not to participate in next year's IPL. England have a busy year ahead, culminating with the defence of the Ashes in Australia at the end of 2010, and the two have put their national commitments ahead of the money up for offer in the lucrative Twenty20 tournament, which will be hosted in India.

Anderson and Broad put England before IPL | England Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Good on these two for sticking by their country and not being lured away by money in an age where it appears that is the dominating reason to play cricket.

English players are paid well enough to where they can afford to skip the IPL. No point in risking injury and possibly your life by going to India when the ECB will pay you just as well to sit at home.

Yeh it's fair on the lads and great to show some loyalty. Would be interesting to see how much they/the average cricketer around the world gets paid in each country. Also, do you really think they have a chance of getting one?

I wish some Indian players do it to keep themselves fit for the T20 World Cup. I have been dreaming of Dhoni and Zaheer Khan skipping the IPL to keep themselves fit.

Yeh it's fair on the lads and great to show some loyalty. Would be interesting to see how much they/the average cricketer around the world gets paid in each country. Also, do you really think they have a chance of getting one?

Pretty low in Pakistan. People are actually discouraged to go in this field

I wish some Indian players do it to keep themselves fit for the T20 World Cup. I have been dreaming of Dhoni and Zaheer Khan skipping the IPL to keep themselves fit.

Keep dreaming :p Although it would be nice to see that happen

Good to hear this.

It's great to see players like Broad and Jimmy remaining loyal to their nation.

England's international schedule overlaps with the IPL because they have 2 Test's against Bangladesh, which might mean that not many players from England go to the IPL, however, no disrespect to Bangladesh, they aren't exactly a top side.

It's supposedly a domestic competition, I don't see them dropping out.

Pretty low in Pakistan. People are actually discouraged to go in this field

Yeh I can see that, let's be honest, Pakistan isn't the richest nation in the world. I imagine it's the same in countries like West Indies, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

I'd say they'd definitely be in demand from an IPL franchise if they wanted to be. Mortaza got signed by Kolkata, so I'd say Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad would definitely get a contract. Whether they'd play very often is another matter, but Broad's handy with the bat and in the field and Jimmy's one of the better outfielders in the world, so they'd certainly have something to offer.

It's good to see a couple of cricketers not choosing to chance injury in the IPL and stick to getting ready for International cricket. Especially Broad, who has recently been moaning about playing too much cricket, would have been annoying if he'd then decided to play IPL a few weeks after saying that. Good on ya lads.

I'd say they'd definitely be in demand from an IPL franchise if they wanted to be. Mortaza got signed by Kolkata, so I'd say Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad would definitely get a contract. Whether they'd play very often is another matter, but Broad's handy with the bat and in the field and Jimmy's one of the better outfielders in the world, so they'd certainly have something to offer.

Mortaza got signed, but how many games did he actually play? Yeh, you can get signed, I mean Owais Shah got signed but all he did was sit on the bench.

Yeh I can see that, let's be honest, Pakistan isn't the richest nation in the world. I imagine it's the same in countries like West Indies, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

True. Indian, Australian and English boards are the richest as far as I know and SA arent too far behind. No idea about the NZ but the rest are pretty poor.

Especially Broad, who has recently been moaning about playing too much cricket, would have been annoying if he'd then decided to play IPL a few weeks after saying that. Good on ya lads.

I think i remember Broad saying once that he would like to play in the IPL though. But still I am pretty pleased with the decision

Mortaza got signed, but how many games did he actually play? Yeh, you can get signed, I mean Owais Shah got signed but all he did was sit on the bench.

Think he played a couple of games, I definitely remember watching him playing and getting slapped around. Broad and Anderson would definitely play more often than him, both pretty decent limited overs bowlers. Anderson's in excellent form in the shorter forms of the game as well, especially in ODi cricket anyway.

From what I heard the reason behind Mortaza's signing was more of an ego clash between the owners KXI and the KKR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread