England more important than IPL - Stuart Broad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are contracted to CA then there isn't the need to join the IPL. But players not contracted will definitely take the IPL option. Although if we have a few ODIs during the IPL then guys like Steven Smith and co might think twice about signing up as he would want to make himself free for higher honours.

If the IPL want a star cheap they should sign Mitch Marsh, he is on fire lately and his stocks will be rising.

Not like anyone will want Broad after what Yuvraj did to him anyways :p.

Broad can bowl 145ks, they'd probably pay him a million dollars as no one has ever seen anyone bowl that fast in India :laugh

Yuvraj sure didn't seem to mind. ;)
SGE.BHL74.200907084317.photo02.photo.default-498x512.jpg

Plus, Broad is a woman.

KP called too, he wanted a few bowling tips. (Check Leggies sig ;))

I can't believe i'm sticking up for Yuvraj but this is way too fun!

Cricketman called, he said I don't know why I'm sticking up for Yuvraj when he cant play test cricket:p

Broad can bowl 145ks, they'd probably pay him a million dollars as no one has ever seen anyone bowl that fast in India :laugh

If speed was everything, then Akthar and Lee would be the best ever bowlers in this planet. We prefer watching a McGrath or Wasim Akram than watching a Brett Lee or Shoaib Akthar. And I am damn sure that most of the world agrees with us.

If speed was everything, then Akthar and Lee would be the best ever bowlers in this planet. We prefer watching a McGrath or Wasim Akram than watching a Brett Lee or Shoaib Akthar. And I am damn sure that most of the world agrees with us.

I love seeing a out and out fast bowler more then McGrath or Wasim. Akhtar and Lee (esp Akhtar) were some of the best pace bowlers to watch in the past decade.

Lee was amazing too, till very recently. He was very dominant in 2007-2008, even won the Border Medal or whatever that was.

Lets face it, India have only produced one out and out quick and that's Kapil. Javagal Srinath comes close and the next best is Zaheer. We're not as blessed in that department, but it's a fair tradeoff considering all the batting giants we as a nation have produced. How many teams can boast of a line up of Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid, Sachin, Ganguly and Laxman? Most only have one of such caliber. We have the richest spin history in the game too - Bedi, Prasanna, Chandra, Venkat, Kumble, and even Harbhajan to name a few. Just look at the quality of batsman and spinners that have to sit out, shows where our wealth really is.

We have good fast bowlers too, they're just not going to take the batsman's head off.

Plus, out and out pace doesn't get you anywhere on Indian pitches anyways. Just ask Dale Steyn, or Mitchell Johnson.

But we do have the fastest bowler in the world....ATUL SHARMA!!!!11shiftone

Last edited:
I love seeing a out and out fast bowler more then McGrath or Wasim. Akhtar and Lee (esp Akhtar) were some of the best pace bowlers to watch in the past decade.

Agreed, McGrath was great but watching him waddle in and plop the ball on the same line and length was actually rather boring

Who'd want to take Stuart Broad anyway in the IPL?

Can't agree with you more. 145ks and still a woman/moron :doh

Agreed, McGrath was great but watching him waddle in and plop the ball on the same line and length was actually rather boring

Agree with you on that. Thats why we have Shoaib(S01), Malinga & Nannes in the IPL :clap

rahuldravidfan added 3 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

this is way too fun!

Yeah. It certainly is. But cultural "differences" can take the cake sometimes ;)

At times. But I remember the first ball in CLT20 was spot on. What a Legend.
But nothing beats when we see a fast bowler coming through a long runup and then troubling the batsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread