Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Probably more to do with the fact that when he played for England, he was terrible. Also, Roy and Hales are better than him. Hales has been rested for the next t20, but Malan has been in terrific form and deserves his chance.
Did you have a look at his T20 record?

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He definitely had a run of poor scores when he last played, which is is why he was dropped. But if he did play he'd need to bat in the top 3 and he's not better than Root or Hales and Roy has deserved a go. You need to realise that there is a difference between T20 Internationals, where the best players play and scoring runs against some local Australian bowlers.

And personally, I think it's a good thing that we look at new options like Malan, rather than going back in circles again.

bigred

Club Captain
Time for a real punt - stick Nick Gubbins at three?

Certainly having a good season. I'm always a bit sceptical of the first good season. So many guys have one fantastic year followed by 2 or 3 average/dreadful ones. If he's still playing like this in July next year then he'll be right up there.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So do you reckon James Vince is gone? Pity if he is, really like him...

bigred

Club Captain
So do you reckon James Vince is gone? Pity if he is, really like him...

I'd be amazed if the management get rid of Vince. Bayliss has already publicly said how highly he rates him. Think it'll just be Borthwick for Compton and Stokes for Anderson.

Vince will be under pressure until he puts a score on the board. A lot of people think that Buttler will come in for him to take the gloves away from Bairstow, but if you listen to Bayliss, it seems as though he'd only take the gloves from JB and give them to a 'proper keeper'. Ben Foakes gets a few mentions but that won't happen just yet.

Moeen could come under pressure soon. Rashid's bowling has really improved, and people like Kerrigan and Leach are doing well in country cricket.

dp458

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I'd be amazed if the management get rid of Vince. Bayliss has already publicly said how highly he rates him. Think it'll just be Borthwick for Compton and Stokes for Anderson.

Vince will be under pressure until he puts a score on the board. A lot of people think that Buttler will come in for him to take the gloves away from Bairstow, but if you listen to Bayliss, it seems as though he'd only take the gloves from JB and give them to a 'proper keeper'. Ben Foakes gets a few mentions but that won't happen just yet.

Moeen could come under pressure soon. Rashid's bowling has really improved, and people like Kerrigan and Leach are doing well in country cricket.

Foakes I think might go to the subcontinet as a backup keeper, when youve got woakes and stokes the keepers batting is less important.

Ironically Moeens place is under the most threat due to woakes form, as he can do the 8/7 in the batting order job moeen has been doing, and you can get rashid say in. Although in england id be happy to have just borthwick as th espinner and pick foakes as a proper keeper. As there isnt a standout spinner around in the county game, and Ansari is quite similar to moeen, although left arm option and will deffo go on tour this year as long as he doesnt get injured again.

Re \vince they will give him the first 2 tests id say and then they would start to consider Buttler (if he gets some championship runs), Hildreth, Westley, Foakes, Ballance. ANd i think thats all the batsmen they would consider.

bigred

Club Captain
Foakes I think might go to the subcontinet as a backup keeper, when youve got woakes and stokes the keepers batting is less important.

Ironically Moeens place is under the most threat due to woakes form, as he can do the 8/7 in the batting order job moeen has been doing, and you can get rashid say in. Although in england id be happy to have just borthwick as th espinner and pick foakes as a proper keeper. As there isnt a standout spinner around in the county game, and Ansari is quite similar to moeen, although left arm option and will deffo go on tour this year as long as he doesnt get injured again.

Re \vince they will give him the first 2 tests id say and then they would start to consider Buttler (if he gets some championship runs), Hildreth, Westley, Foakes, Ballance. ANd i think thats all the batsmen they would consider.

Don't rule out Ian Bell if the series is tight.

D

Deleted member 149013

I would have to go for Jason Roy he is in the set up already and in great form. I fear Ian bell would put us back in a place that we have moved on from.

dp458

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ballance, Roland-Jones named in England squad | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Roy if he can get some red ball runs for surrey will be seriously considered i feel.
Glad they havent gone for Buttler, but it seems as though the recent downturn in form for borthwick has gone agaisnt him, and GB has found form at the perfect time.

Team will be

Cook
Hales
Ballance
Root
Vince
Bairstow WK
Ali
Woakes
Broad
Finn
Ball

I expect Roland-Jones to miss out, when Anderson and Stokes return for the 2nd test, i think Anderson replaces Ball, and then its Finn or Woakes out for Stokes

Users who are viewing this thread