England tour of West Indies 2015

Why has the scorecard not changed since the lunch break? Was there rain?

Just rubbish coverage I think. Seems like most news sources are only updating at the end of each session or even just the end of the day.

And the reason for it being two, 2 day matches rather than just the one 4 day game, is due to the opposition and the fact that it would be over after two days, as the first game proved. :D

Unbelievably, despite not being able to get into the Kent team, Tredwell might be able to bag to spinners spot for the Ashes. He will be relying a lot on Stokes. If Stokes does well in the number 6 position and bowls well, it will be very hard for Ali to get back in.

lol this game is a total waste of time for everyone

trott managed to only score 2 runs all game, while batting for both teams

lol joe root for captain vaughn for director dizzy for coach :p but apart form yorks trait all of them seem to be best choice available in each category.

WICB has done a lot of strange things in recent years, but for the life of me I cant understand how they managed to organize such a crappy warm-up game. Like really ENG players and St.Kitts on the same team?

Couldn't they select a proper Leeward Islands XI to play ENG or something?. Good lord..

WICB has done a lot of strange things in recent years, but for the life of me I cant understand how they managed to organize such a crappy warm-up game. Like really ENG players and St.Kitts on the same team?

Couldn't they select a proper Leeward Islands XI to play ENG or something?. Good lord..

Probably comes down to money

They way I see it is, give England an incredibly easy warm up match and once the real test matches arrive they will be under prepared. It's a win win situation for the West Indies.

They way I see it is, give England an incredibly easy warm up match and once the real test matches arrive they will be under prepared. It's a win win situation for the West Indies.

Alternatively though they've just given half the team a shot of confidence following the world cup.

England’s Jimmy Anderson: unique style of the boldest swinger in town | Mike Selvey | Sport | The Guardian

Certainly a great achievement, especially considering his selection was very non English if many recall. Picked on raw talent like Asian teams tend to do and thrown to the wolves in Australia 2002/03, instead of taking many wickets in county cricket. Jimmy essentially learnt to be a top quality bowler via harsh on the job training.

So while i'd still rate Gough, Caddick, Flintoff & a fit Simon Jones as the better ENG fast bowlers of my cricket lifetime & cannot place Anderson in the same sentence as legendary ENG quicks such as Trueman, Larwood, Barnes, Snow, Statham, Botham, Tyson, Willis, Bedser - he deserves massive respect for reaching 100th test and being on verge of being the nations leading wicket-taker in history - given his aforementioned path to this point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread