England tour of West Indies 2015

England may have batted themselves to a draw, I'm not sure if England can grab all those wickets in a day and a bit.

But what I want to know is, why is Moeen Ali left out? Is he even part of the squad?

England may have batted themselves to a draw, I'm not sure if England can grab all those wickets in a day and a bit.

But what I want to know is, why is Moeen Ali left out? Is he even part of the squad?
He was injured coming out of the World Cup and went into training with Worcestershire. He can be called into the squad for the second Test.

I am so disappointed Devon scored a fifty. We already have Chanders who is only in the team to selflessly hold the batting unit together. We cannot afford a 33 year old man in the side. C'mon! When will our youngsters get good experience? When they be 28/30? We need to build up a good team for which we ought to give young budding players ample chances and a long run early on in their career for them to flourish later with the experience they will have. Giving oldies chances will not only be ruining an opportunity to build a good team for long years but also put pressure on Chanders in dilemma whether to retire or not. In case he does retire soon, there would not be anyone reliable in the team to fill the huge void. Please come back Adrian Barath!

Joe Root: master off-spinner
Tredwell has bowled well too without any reward. I like the recent English spinners, they'll are those classic offies giving the loop and allowing the ball to spin with a beautiful action; the ones people (purists?) love to watch unlike the most comparatively very flatter tweakers these days.

I am so disappointed Devon scored a fifty. We already have Chanders who is only in the team to selflessly hold the batting unit together. We cannot afford a 33 year old man in the side. C'mon! When will our youngsters get good experience? When they be 28/30? We need to build up a good team for which we ought to give young budding players ample chances and a long run early on in their career for them to flourish later with the experience they will have. Giving oldies chances will not only be ruining an opportunity to build a good team for long years but also put pressure on Chanders in dilemma whether to retire or not. In case he does retire soon, there would not be anyone reliable in the team to fill the huge void. Please come back Adrian Barath!

Tredwell has bowled well too without any reward. I like the recent English spinners, they'll are those classic offies giving the loop and allowing the ball to spin with a beautiful action; the ones people (purists?) love to watch unlike the most comparatively very flatter tweakers these days.
surely it's better to pick a competitive 11 regardless of age - youngsters will generally develop better if they're not continually on the end of hidings.

surely it's better to pick a competitive 11 regardless of age - youngsters will generally develop better if they're not continually on the end of hidings.
Yes but this is not even our best side! Adrian Barath though have been out of the scheme of things for quite some time now looks a better bet for a longer race and then there would be Leon Johnson in. As much as it hurts to say this, Chanders needs to go. He needs to take the brave decision and hang his boots. He needs to take a leaf out of Lara's book. I am sure he knows he cannot stay with the team forever. For once, try and give all the younger players a chance in the batting lineup and hope they will eventually learn and grow. I know this sound suicidal but that is the best thing to do according to me because if it pays off we will see a big boost in our cricket. If not, it would not make our case any worse.

Agreed its time for Chanders to go, I mean WI cant get much worse without him they're basically rock bottom as it is!

I believe Barath is done and dusted what WI need is to get its players out of the T20 state of mind, after the the first IPL Barath started playing differently, similar for players from other countries in years to come!

Nice to see Ramden and Holder putting up some resistance... should be an interesting final session.

Think this is showing where England lack the out and out pace bowler and/or spinner that can turn the ball both ways.

Can't really blame Cook he's kept the attacking fields and changed the bowlers well; just on a very flat pitch we don't really have a x-factor bowler who can make something happen.

Windies have a long tail, and as they showed first inns could crumble quickly once 7 down... Still a while to go.

Well played the West Indies. Can't say I really feel disappointed as the bowlers seemed to be giving it everything, and it wasn't like chances were going down.

2 selection matters for Moores and Cook to sort.

1. Trott or Lyth? Think they'll definitely give Trott at least another test if not both of the remaining tests.
2. Does Ali come back in? A lot will depend on the pitch, but if it's how Grenada normally is, then two proper spinners isn't a bad idea. If it's one spinner then Tredwell could miss out. A bit harsh given that he had a very decent match.

after chanders was out didnt have much hope for wi was pleasantly surprised to see holder holds out!He has all the making of being a top bloke for WI, him blackwood and a few other talents if properly molded can make them a tough team!

I worry that England will drop Jordan and try to play both Moeen and Stokes; which really wouldn't work because neither are a fourth bowler

Part of me thinks that England will go into the Ashes will a bowling attack of Stokes/Woakes/Broad/Anderson and if they do that I'd probably root on them to lose the Ashes because something would be very wrong

England couldn't force the win because... [HASHTAG]#blockerdavebottledit[/HASHTAG]

I worry that England will drop Jordan and try to play both Moeen and Stokes; which really wouldn't work because neither are a fourth bowler

I'd actually be pretty happy with this as I like Stokes' aggressive nature when bowling (he did hit 90mph a few times). As for Moeen, he showed last year against India that he can be a match winner with the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread