England tour of West Indies 2015

Seems to be some confusion. Jonathan Agnew on the BBC says it's Moeen Ali in for James Tredwell, Botham says it's Rashid for Tredwell. I have to say I'd like to see the latter, if only to see something a bit different from England.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do Moeen and Rashid in and Tredwell and Jordan out; if its as much of a turner as they are suggesting

Is Tredwell injured then? Only just started watching.

I know Broad has just got a wicket, but he seems to be bowling so slowly. A lot of balls down at 79mph. He's not even 30 yet. Surely his test career is not coming to an end.

I know Broad has just got a wicket, but he seems to be bowling so slowly. A lot of balls down at 79mph. He's not even 30 yet. Surely his test career is not coming to an end.
He had knee surgery not long ago, remember. The recovery from that takes longer than you think.

He had knee surgery not long ago, remember. The recovery from that takes longer than you think.

Then surely you just play county cricket until you get 100% fit. I've had serious injuries. I know what it takes out of you.

Wouldn't be a surprise, actually. His batting is shot, and given he had patellar tendinitis he is lucky to be bowling at all, no guarantee he'll get back to same pace and level as before.

Haven't a clue, lost his head after the ton by the sounds of things. Typically I missed it all, despite having it on all through the rain and the Lara interview etc.then popped out for 20 minutes!
Always happens when watching the football also. Broad's pace is up though, good sign?...

i just hope chanders is not fading out, wi need him badly atleast for a year while younger ones settle in

Haven't a clue, lost his head after the ton by the sounds of things. Typically I missed it all, despite having it on all through the rain and the Lara interview etc.then popped out for 20 minutes!
Always happens when watching the football also. Broad's pace is up though, good sign?...

Yeah he topped 90 at one point!!! Big surprise

Well then there's really no excuse for him bowling at 79, 24 hours previously.

Getting a bit more rhythm perhaps? To be fair the quick spell kind of came out of nowhere - nothing he's done since he came back suggested he might bowl at that kind of pace... Hopeful signs, because the injury was a horrible one, and let's be honest he ain't in the team for his batting![DOUBLEPOST=1429738409][/DOUBLEPOST]
i just hope chanders is not fading out, wi need him badly atleast for a year while younger ones settle in
Last 2 dismissals been very unlike him...

I reckon Broad just turns it on like a tap. We've seen him in home tests bowl terribly for two days and then suddenly steam in and get 4 quick wickets.

I wouldn't say he turns it on like a tap exactly but how many times have you seen him bowl a couple of poor spells then all of a sudden the next spell he's unplayable? It must be a rhythm issue for him although I understand that this time around injury has played a big part. Andy Caddick was similar, generally very average in the first innings he bowled while in the second he would be devastating.

Anyway promising signs and a few runs thus far for Cook and Trott.

trott has sealed his place in the team for the next year

Users who are viewing this thread