Story England tours India for a three test series!

gold639 said:
Great to see you back mate! :)

Thanks gold and MWaugh!!!! MWaugh, I think you still are writing stories, aint it?

Day 2

England 95/4 - Flintoff & Butcher bat on!

India did themselves a favor in the morning of Day 2 by removing the dangerous and well settled England captain, Micheal Vaughan for 18. Zaheer Khan who was introduced into the attack in place of the tiring Irfan Pathan, stuck immediately off his first ball of a new spell by inducing an edge from Vaughan's bat enroute to first slip where Sehwag accepted the gleeful offering. This dismissal was identical to the dismissal of Strauss last afternoon off the bowling of the same bowler!

109593165.jpg

Chappell: That was a good inswinger from Khan to pick the outside edge of Vaughan. And also a good low catch from Sehwag at first slip!

Manjrekar: Yes Ian! Sehwag has done well in this test match to pick two crucial catches at the slips. OH! Thats a fantastic shot from Mark Butcher. A ferocious pull to the boundary. He is slowly gaining in confidence

109593159.jpg

Chappell: Wow! The next ball is glided down to the third man boundary for another four! Butcher is hitting his straps and this cant be good news for the Indian team! Butcher can really build on a long innings!

109593162.jpg

Manjrekar: A great shot! Perfectly executed. Picked the line of the ball very early and went through the shot superbly! Good batting from Mark Butcher!

England 95/4 | M.Butcher 16* | A.Flintoff 11*

Last edited:
England and India fight out at Kolkatta!

Chappell: A good contest going on there between ball and bat at the Eden Gardens, Kolkatta. India after that meagre total of 201 have not given it up with the ball and have fought very well. England too, have batted with caution and the contest has been engaging and entertaining for most part of the innings. Here are some highlights of the pre-lunch session especially the partnership between Flintoff and Butcher.

flintofffour7xt.jpg

Srinath: That was a fantastic shot from Flintoff. He was unusually subdued today trying to play in and settle himself. He was a bit late in going for the shots but once he went for him, they sped off his bat wonderfully.

Chappell: Yes Sri! The six that he hit off Zaheer Khan was marvellous. Good raise of the bat and stuck it perfectly in the middle for it to sail over the ropes. In fact, the delivery from Khan was perfect on the off stump not giving room for Flintoff. But Flintoff created room for himself and spanked it over mid off.

flintoffsix7di.jpg

Srinath: For the first time, Flintoff came down the track today to the off spinner Harbhajan Singh and drove him for a beautiful four! That shot was more on the risky side due to the capabilities of Harbhajan but nevertheless, it was a very brave shot from Flintoff!

flintoffbhajjifour0hi.jpg

Chappell: And then just before lunch, Mark Butcher was out caught by Saurav Ganguly at mid on! Butcher came down the track to Harbhajan but miscued the ball in the air for Ganguly to take the easy offering! Butcher gone as India again got a leeway back into the match. The partnership between Butcher and Flintoff was 55 runs which was very crucial. Now Geriant Jones joins Flintoff as its lunch at Kolkatta

lunchday23js.jpg

England 144/5 | A.Flintoff 39*

saisrini80 said:
Thanks gold and MWaugh!!!! MWaugh, I think you still are writing stories, aint it?

Yeah sai i am. At least i am trying to. Its getting a bit harder to manage with time and that type of thing but i am trying. Stop by at the link below to see how its going. Good luck with yours mate. All the best

nice to be back here sai!. Good tourney started!, and the match also excitingly poised!. flintoff is a definite threat to indians right now....

Boss

hi boss.. good to hear from you..

sorry boss, i have halted this thread and i am now into the India international season thread (see my signature!). There, I am playing the India-New Zealand-Zimbabwe tri series now

read 2 posts up. he isnt playing this thread anymore he is playing the india new zealand and zimbabwe thread. see sais signature for the link

Well many guys are posting here now when sai stopped this story because of lack of interest shown by readers. I hope if this support was shown earlier. Now all who come in this thread should go to sai's videocon series. Its really good.

I appreciate all your interests in this story thread. It surprises me that this interest is shown after I have halted the thread. I am right now involved in the India International Season thread that is going on. I invite you all to read that thread which I feel you guys might find exciting

India International Season [C2005]

There is an "India vs England" test series in that international season fixtures too. So this series is merged into that season and will be played in there after the India vs Sri Lanka ODI series in December! Till then, see you all in that thread!

Users who are viewing this thread