England v Sri Lanka, Test Series (June 2014)

Wow! Feeling for Moeen Ali there. What an effort that was by him and also James Anderson tried his best but Sri Lanka deserved to win this match.

Jimmy's a bowler: you can't expect that he'll last much beyond 10 minutes never mind an hour and a half!

Moenn's batting was absolutely fantastic: especially how he didn't rush to the century by playing silly shots. All of the tail enders had a part to play: even blocking for twenty minutes/half an hour is important when it gets down to that.

All in all: this game proves that the old adage "test cricket: best cricket" is still true!

e: Man, Jimmy looks absolutely devastated :(

Well played Sri Lanka superb effort. Absolutely gutted though. Good bottle shown today but the poor play from 5pm on Saturday onwards has cost us. We just can't sustain good cricket over 5 days anymore.

I'm really pleased to hear Jimmy talk so emotionally at presentation though. He hasn't been at his best for a while but you can tell he loves playing for England and is up for a scrap. That's all you can ask really.

Wow what a finish :eek:

Congratulations to Sri Lanka, no one gave them a chance of winning the Test series but they fully deserve it. Hopefully now they can build on this victory.

Good to see Moeen get a hundred as well.

Some definite positive with centuries from Ballance, Root, Robson and Ali. Anderson and Broad look tired and with Cook as captain I don't see us beating India.

Poor James Jimmy Awesome Anderson :(

Broad is poor as an opening bowler for me. Not because he doesn't have the ability, because he does, but he's just not got it mentally. He bowls far too short. It's no coincidence that his best spells (either with a new or old ball) are when he pitches it nice and full and uses a bit of movement along with the bounce due to his height. He's not quick enough to bowl bouncers like they're trying to get Plunkett to do. Someone needs to sit him down and sort his head out. He's wasting his talent at the moment. He's a decent Test bowler, when he could be a very good Test bowler.

I can't believe this is still having to be discussed, the same things were said when Broad almost got dropped in 2011. I mean this is a guy who has almost taken 250 test wickets and he still has issues with understanding the lengths he needs to bowl. It really is flabbergasting, and its beyond me how Saker still has a job. I mean whats the latest on Finn? Its a complete joke.

I have absolutely no clue where England go from here, really glad for Sri Lanka though still can't believe their attack outperformed Englands (something I thought I'd never say).

ENG team is simply paying the price for the ignorance the ECB has done since they ridiculously sacked KP. The whole vybe around the team is wrong at the moment & the team is in its worth ebb since the 99 season.

Cook is probably not the best captain, but you can see the pressure is getting to him.

Moores probably also deserves to be coach, but he cant the best out the team under these current circumstances.

More fight shown here compared to the Ashes so can take that out of this. Cook time as captain is definitely up and his spot in the team is getting to that stage too.

A well played Innings By Moeen.
and a good survival try by England But fall short by 2 ball.

Poor Jimmy Anderson...:noway

a great congratulations to Sri Lanka For that superb Win.:cheers

So, any words of wisdom from Shane Warne after Cook's outburst and his team's subsequent loss to Sri Lanka ?

So, any words of wisdom from Shane Warne after Cook's outburst and his team's subsequent loss to Sri Lanka ?

LOL Warne can be an absolute idiot at times, but personally I think Cook takes things said in the media far too personally. Why does he care what a commentator or analyst is saying about him? Good or bad, it's their bloody job. Remember his little feud with Atherton?

I like Cook, he supported him for his ODI captaincy and return to the format but he has a lot of growing up to do, at times he seems like a petulant child.

Concentrate on your batting and try not to get any more teammates sacked.

Users who are viewing this thread