England v Sri Lanka, Test Series (June 2014)

it's been stren stuff from england, I'd like to see mathews chip in a couple of the last 3. genuinely amazing series from sri lanka, I don't think it's quite being appreciated how big this is.

I've been calling an india win in the next series since last year, so I kinda hope India do win and I can take my rightful position as forum guru.

DLLLLLDL - England's last 8 tests.

Over the years, I've gone through supporting the likes of Roy Hodgson's Liverpool, but trust me, this feels worse. Sri Lanka have just come to England's own backyard and mugged them off in all three formats. Hope Cook's a goner after this test match.

You could always give your country of origin a shot? ;)

Curious, were you born in England?

It's not about being pessimistic, it is the recent record of India that made me say that. Of course I want India to win but looking at their recent form, it just does not look possible. Sri Lanka did well because they played as a team. I haven't seen India play as a team since champions trophy 2013. It will require a really solid team effort if India wants to win the test series.

And SL's recent overseas record prior to this series was stellar? I would actually make the argument IND's recent overseas record is superior to that of SL's, and that's some statement.

Fret not, English fans. The solution to all your cricketing problems landed in your country just yesterday. Its effects on your cricketers can be witnessed starting July 9th!

I'm going to be the biggest ---- ever if India win the Test series, I will quote every post such as this one, and no one will be let off. Just saying.

Last edited:
If Eng save this test, I am sure Cook will not be reprimanded :cheers

I'm going to be the biggest ---- ever if India win the Test series, I will quote every post such as this one, and no one will be let off. Just saying.

Oh, I will happily eat my shoe if we manage to pull off any sort of positive result in England. Unfortunately I just can't see it happening.

Apparently the TMS guys have been told that there's a little bit of rain...

e: Moenn getting his century makes it much easier for England: gets rid of the one thing that might cause him to play a silly shot.

Last edited:
That's a brilliant century from Moeen Ali. He has batted brilliantly in the last 5 overs considering how close he was to that 100 mark and still did not go for any flashy drive. Perfect shot selection from him so far.

Stats people ITT: what's the most balls that a number 11 has faced to save a match? Jimmy's currently a few away from 50 balls; which is quite impressive...

e: Or longest 0 not out?

----------

If anything; both of these Tests have led to great finishes and have shown how great Test Match Cricket can be. You can't get an ODI or a T20 with this much drama.

Last edited:
DRAMA!!

Feel for Anderson and Moeen, but Sri Lanka deserved that.

And on the Tests, I think the first one was boring for 4 days, but this has been a really good match, thanks to a decent pitch with some quality bowling and some great batting to even it out.

Well done Lankans .. very well done

Moeen Ali - what a knock in just his 2nd Test. Brilliant
Poor Anderson

Users who are viewing this thread