Story England's Road to the 2009 Ashes: West Indian Calypso episode 1

Where will England finish in the World Cup?

• Out in the group stages.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Out in Super 8's

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Out in Semis

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Runner's up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winners

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Bad total from England, they should have done better.

Nice update GG, maybe make spaces between your screenys and writing.

KUTGW!

Englandbannersig.jpg

NEW ZEALAND STROLL HOME
New Zealand had absolutely no trouble in chasing down their target in the 1st match of the ICC Cricket World Cup. They got home with 18.4 overs to spare. They started brillantly with an opening partnership of 84 from Stephen Fleming and Peter Fulton, both batsmen had big scores with Fleming hitting 45 and Fulton getting 53. the other batsmen to get 50 was Craig McMillan getting 50. Brendon McCullum and Jacob Oram saw the match home. They got to 212/4 quite comfortably

NZScorecard.jpg

England's bowling was quite good with Broad taking 3 wickets and Flintoff taking the other. But it was New Zealand's day here in Barbados.

ENGBowlingFigures.jpg

Man of the Match went to Jacob Oram for a fine bowling display of 4-39 off his 10 overs.

bond.jpg

Shane Bond celebrating the wicket of Andrew Strauss​

Giggity Giggity added 6 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Thanks for all your comments, your support has been brilliant.

Too easy for the New Zealanders there, really should have put them under more pressure. Only Sidebottom and Broad can come out with a high head after that bowling performance.

WestIndianCalypso.jpg

IB: Hello everybody and welcome to West Indian Calypso. I'm here with
former England captain Nasser Hussain and David Lloyd. First of all we will analyse England's innings with Nasser Hussain.

NH: Thanks Ian. This morning you could've said to me England will just make it to 200 on this pitch I would've thought you were joking. The pitch was brilliant for batting and 208/8 off 50 overs is terrible, the flow of wickets was the case for England although the 5th wicket partnership of 85 from Flintoff and Collingwood was amazing. Lets look at some highlights.

_42814437_englandsa416_ap.jpg

r134766_454010.jpg

73071.jpg

Now David Lloyd will analyse the bowling of New Zealand.

DL: Well New Zealand's bowling today was exceptional, their line was tight they took wickets at regular intervals and restricted England to 208/8. Jacob Oram was the pick of the bowlers with figures of
10-0-39-4-3.90
He bowled brilliantly today keeping his line, kept focused and didn't give away too many runs.

IB: Well New Zealand's batting to chase 209 was fantastic, they played sensibly and didn't give away their wickets cheaply. One man who starred for me, Peter Fulton, his 53 was the foundation for a superb victory, lets look back on his innings.

_42716461_fulton300.jpg

74456.gif

2007-04-11__sport04.jpg

NH: Well in my opinion Stuart Broad was England's best bowler, he took 3 wickets, 2 of the dangermen as well, the only thing was he was expensive with figures of
9-0-65-3-7.22
Andrew Flintoff got the wicket of Fulton which was crucial.
In the end New Zealand romped to victory.

IB: Join us again soon after England play Canada.
Bye for now.

Last edited:
Post your opinions on this type of update, do you like it?
Should I change?
What should I change?
I just want some feedback please.

Apart from you said it wa Gower when there is a picture of David Lloyd

Space out your images and centre them

Users who are viewing this thread