English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Howsie will be stoked, Fuller and Williamson went well last night.

Howsie will be stoked, Fuller and Williamson went well last night.

Indeed, haha. War hooked me up with a stream so I managed to listen to the game for most of the night. Fuller was the quickest bowler they've seen this season apparently. Planning on doing the same thing tonight if Gloucestershire bat first, it'll be a nice first up challenge with Steven Finn leading the Middlesex bowling attack.

Bairstow has made his entrance! Currently 191* (275) with his previous best being 85!

If anyone remembers this interview with Stuart Meaker, I thought you might be interested in how he's going so far this season.

So far he has played 3 county games and has taken 15 wickets @ 18.66 with an economy rate of 3.5 an over which makes him the 6th leading wicket taker and the lowest strike rate in the top 10. He's doing pretty well at the moment to say the least. When at full strength Surrey seem to have quite the pace attack in; Tremlett, Dernbach, Meaker and Arafat who will then be complimented by Schofield and Batty. It's just a shame the batting seems to falter so much without a set lineup.

Damn! Napier hatrick. Glamorgan have gone from 116-0 to 116-3.

He better be in England's ODI & T20 teams this summer.

----------

If anyone remembers this interview with Stuart Meaker, I thought you might be interested in how he's going so far this season.

So far he has played 3 county games and has taken 15 wickets @ 18.66 with an economy rate of 3.5 an over which makes him the 6th leading wicket taker and the lowest strike rate in the top 10. He's doing pretty well at the moment to say the least. When at full strength Surrey seem to have quite the pace attack in; Tremlett, Dernbach, Meaker and Arafat who will then be complimented by Schofield and Batty. It's just a shame the batting seems to falter so much without a set lineup.

Strong attack by FC standards yea. I guess they should have been in division 1 - but sadly only Tremlett is international quality in this attack.

And what a shame ! Just as I gear up to watch England's new ODI skipper lead the runchase for Essex , the dreaded rainfall arrives !
And now I agree with you Colin , Napier does look a promising all rounder for England .

Indeed, haha. War hooked me up with a stream so I managed to listen to the game for most of the night. Fuller was the quickest bowler they've seen this season apparently. Planning on doing the same thing tonight if Gloucestershire bat first, it'll be a nice first up challenge with Steven Finn leading the Middlesex bowling attack.

Ha oh ye. Glad i could help.

----------

And what a shame ! Just as I gear up to watch England's new ODI skipper lead the runchase for Essex , the dreaded rainfall arrives !
And now I agree with you Colin , Napier does look a promising all rounder for England .

Ye hopefully the selectors do this summer as well man.

Napier does look a promising all rounder for England .

Jesus christ. :facepalm. The guys 31. He played one good innings, 3 years ago, which everyone stills harks on about on the smallest ground in England and he's still being considered for an England call up. He hasn't featured in any of Essex's 4 county championship games this season and hasn't even done very well in the OD games. Even thinking about putting him in the side would be a MASSIVE backwards step. honestly.

Is there any place where I might be able to watch or listen to the county games? Really want to have a look at Woakes.

There's daily highlights of each game on the ECB website I think and if you go on the Warwickshire website they should have a link to love commentary of the play.

Its early days in his career, so its a bit hard to judge to be fair. But the potential all-rounder ability he is showing is really exciting, he could really develop into anything.

----------

Jesus christ. :facepalm. The guys 31. He played one good innings, 3 years ago, which everyone stills harks on about on the smallest ground in England and he's still being considered for an England call up. He hasn't featured in any of Essex's 4 county championship games this season and hasn't even done very well in the OD games. Even thinking about putting him in the side would be a MASSIVE backwards step. honestly.

Now now my friend i think are sort of going of in a awol tangent as to why people are calling for Napier to get into the ENG set-up this season.

Firstly at least in my case that 158 he scored 3 years has no bearing as to why i am calling for him to be recalled. I haven't fell for the myth which suggests he is batting all-rounder based on that fluke innings at all. Im very well aware that he is a bowling all-rounder & he is one of the most seasoned limted overs cricketers in England. Ask some of the New Zealand ealand posters like Howsie & Chewsie how much he impressed in NZ domestic limited overs cricket in recent years. Not many English limited overs cricketers have gone overseas & made a name for themselves.

Secondly bringing up his First class stats is irrelevant, since no one is suggesting he should be anywhere near the test set-up - that would be madness. He is one of the better ODI/T20 bowling all-rounders in the country & with Anderson decline as a ODI bowler, Napier should be his direct replacement.

Hales broken jaw, out for a month.

He's been in great form, so it's a big blow for Notts and potentially England.

Luke Wells hit his 2nd century of the season to secure us a draw. We're live against Notts on Sky at Hove from Tuesday. Broad and Swann are set to play. Could be tasty.

Users who are viewing this thread