English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Not sure if anyone else read the news this morning that Yorkshire will have Maxwell for T20 Blast and Finch for all formats after his IPL commitments.

Wonderful news for us White Rose fans!

Better hope Maxwell improves on his last couple of county seasons then :D.

We've got Jackson Bird and Yasir Arafat (who may become English qualified during the season) down here at Hampshire with Kyle Abbott rumored at a potential return if Bird gets called up.

We've got Jackson Bird and Yasir Arafat (who may become English qualified during the season) down here at Hampshire with Kyle Abbott rumored at a potential return if Bird gets called up.

Yeah Maxwells has been pretty atrocious in England, but he's got a big old wallop on him and will be fun too watch when we go see the T20's at Headingley!

I've not seen much of Jackson Bird play. Kyle Abbott is good though.

Be pleased if Maxwell plays like he did today for Yorkshire!

MCCU games to open the season up. The stand-out performer was Jack Shantry, who bowled beautifully against Oxford to finish with match figures of 31.3-19-26-10. Both he and Charlie Morris looked as good as anything that's in the England squad. Brett D'Oliveira bowled poorly though.

It's great to see Worcestershire showing some faith in Morris and giving him plenty of game time, especially last season. Played for Devon before being picked up by them, so he's one I always keep a look out for. :thumbs

I really just wish that he, Mitchell and Shantry played for a different county. Any other county, really.

MCCU games to open the season up. The stand-out performer was Jack Shantry, who bowled beautifully against Oxford to finish with match figures of 31.3-19-26-10. Both he and Charlie Morris looked as good as anything that's in the England squad. Brett D'Oliveira bowled poorly though.

Two wickets for Lake, during his FC debut. :)

Two wickets for Lake, during his FC debut. :)
He wasn't very impressive though, unfortunately. Simply couldn't hit a steady length at any point in his spell. When he was batting, Daryl Mitchell set a leg-trap with about five close catchers in a ring around the bat, but Lake kept trying to swish it through there anyway. Didn't end well for him.

I take it you were at the ground @The Author ?

Your thoughts on Sam Weller?

I take it you were at the ground @The Author ?

Your thoughts on Sam Weller?
I wasn't but my dad scores for Oxford. Weller is decent, but not really a Charlie Morris as far as I can make out. Reasonably quick, reasonably accurate; would be a decent signing for a Division Two county, an optimistic one for a Division One side.

Be interesting to see how Cooper goes. Looks like a good County player in terms of ability. It's a shame to have to sign a non-England player, but I think we needed a stop gap with Compton going and the likes of Tom Abell being very inexperienced. I can't see Cooper being as good as Compton was in the CC, but he should be an improvement in terms of the limited overs stuff.

KP is 311 right now against the Leics. He's given up fame and money to play in the County Championship and there is no better way than this to prove to the new Director of Cricket that he's still got it. Most important part, he's scored playing a lot with the tailenders. Another thing to be noted, there have been a couple of dropped catches.

Users who are viewing this thread