English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
My cable operator just got Star Cricket but it shows only highlights of matches. Btw how is Simon Jones performing? Does he has any chances of making in Ashes squad? He was my favourate bowler.
He is fit for the new season. If he does well he is in with a chance of a call-up. The season starts on the 9th April.

If Jones is fit, and gets some good overs under his belt he should be in the Ashes side come the 2nd or 3rd Test. I imagine Harmison will bowl well as well at the start of the season, and will be in contention, as will Amjad and Mark Davies. Looking forward to the start of the new season, I like watching abit of county cricket on Sky, had some cracking games on last year. Hopefully Jones'll get some big wicket hauls and be bowling fast.

Ah, what's that smell? That's right, it's time for some proper cricket! Planning on doing the county opener at Lord's again, which falls at the end of half-term too!

When does the county season start? I hope Sky get alot of County Games early season, I didn't really watch much FP Trophy last season, managed to catch a good deal of the Pro40, but missed alot of the FP Trophy bar the final, and I still missed half of that.

When does the county season start? I hope Sky get alot of County Games early season, I didn't really watch much FP Trophy last season, managed to catch a good deal of the Pro40, but missed alot of the FP Trophy bar the final, and I still missed half of that.

Chelmsford is the closest ground to you, isn't it? Go there often?

i want know who warwickshire againest team in country season start ?

oh no , somerset is toughest team they got justin langer , marus tresthick and other good players :(

Chelmsford is the closest ground to you, isn't it? Go there often?

Yeh it is, although Kent aren't much further away tbh, only a few miles further to travel. I've not actually been to Chelmsford at all, I've not really had an interest in County Cricket till last season, but didn't get the chance to go. Very tempted to go to a Pro40 game or a T20 Cup game this year though, just wish I lived abit closer, or Suffolk were actually hood.

There's going to be a good game in Suffolk in a month or so I think. Some random Legends XI charity game. The guys that have signed up to play are fantastic. The captain's Alvin Kallicharan, then there are guys like Henry Olonga, Chris Cairns, and the one I'm most excited to see, SACHIN TENDULKARRRRRRRRRR :D :D Definitely going to go to that game, just to see Sachin. It's at the same place I've got my fast bowling masterclass with Ian Pont as well. Gonna be good.

When I can pass my driving test, I'll go see a few games at New Road this season. Hopefully it's not up to the Pavilion with water! ;)

100722.jpg

Vaughany back in the runs for Yorkshire in a friendly in Abu Dhabi against Surrey. Vaughan made 115 off 113 balls against an attack of Jordan, Meaker, Tudor, Schofield and Spriegel. The innings included 12 fours and 1 six and is clearly showing that Vaughan's hard work in the nets over the winter is paying off. Matthew Hoggard, also featured in the game, has gone wicketless so far, bowling 4 overs 41. Would love to see Vaughan get into some serious form, as having some experience in the top order would be fantastic for England if Owais Shah continues to struggle. Vaughan vs Bopara vs Shah would certainly be interesting come the 1st Ashes Test.

There's going to be a good game in Suffolk in a month or so I think. Some random Legends XI charity game. The guys that have signed up to play are fantastic. The captain's Alvin Kallicharan, then there are guys like Henry Olonga, Chris Cairns, and the one I'm most excited to see, SACHIN TENDULKARRRRRRRRRR :D :D
Sound's like a Lashings game. If a certain Beer company did pub cricket teams, then it'd be Lashings ;) Didn't know Sachin was going to be playing for them though.

Vaughan looks a bit leaner. Still, the Surrey attack is one of the worst out there.

Sorry, Colin :D

i'm looking forward to the new season. i'm in sixth form this year so i have a lot more time off school to go and see the cricket than i did last year. also its nice that middlesex have a trophy to try and retain for once.

Users who are viewing this thread