English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Oh come on, it's not like Middlesex fans make any noise chanting anyway.

Obviously its more exposure for their support of Breakthrough Breast Cancer which can only be good.

Lancashire have signed Ashwell Prince for the start of the season :)

That is a good signing. A lot of the Australian members have been talking him up and he is set to take on the difficult task of replacing Matthew Hayden as opener in the Australia Test team in South Africa. Shame he can't stay longer, the more I think about it the more I prefer two overseas players. You never know he might play in the Ashes so this would be vital preparation.

Not wanting a return to 2 overseas slots myself Lee. If it was going to be a case of only 2 players for the entire season then I'd be fine with that (Both allowed to play at same time, but no replacements whatsoever). But as it is these days even with 1 overseas slot, you see 3 overseas players turning out for a side during the course of a season. If teams can't sign 1 player for an entire season then I don't see the point in allowing them to sign extra players.

Think we might be seeing a few Australian agents making their players available for the first half of the season, plenty of "bonus" preparation for the Ashes. Not really sure I want to see Australians playing in county this year. England need all the help they can get. Perhaps they will enlist the help of the penguins?

:D.ɹǝɯɯns ǝɥʇ uı ɥɔʇɐɯ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ ʎʇunoɔ ɯɐɥɹnp ʌ ǝɹıɥsɐɔuɐl ǝɥʇ ɟo sʎɐp ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝuo oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯ,ı

Middlesex have signed Australian opener Philip Hughes for the first six weeks of the season to cover for Murali Kartik as he has IPL commitments. Happy about this, people on here have been saying he is a good player and I can't wait to see him.
Link: Middlesex County Cricket Club*Official Website, Latest Results, MCCC News & Merchandise UK
Gee England won't be happy with Middlesex, giving our possible opener experience in English conditions ahead of the Ashes - not really taking one for the country are you guys ;)?

Looking forward to this season, should be getting a membership to Kent so i can go to every match bar the 20/20 cup.

Itching to see some live cricket again.

My cable operator just got Star Cricket but it shows only highlights of matches. Btw how is Simon Jones performing? Does he has any chances of making in Ashes squad? He was my favourate bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread