English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Isn't Jones out injured at the moment though ;)

Simon Jones is better than Ryan Sidebottom. That's pretty much why.

Isn't Jones out injured at the moment though ;)

Kinda my point really, until he can shake off injuries and have a decent season, as Freddie did, then he really isn't worth taking anywhere.

He can have the winter to work hard at his game, get himself 100% right, have a good 6 or 7 CC games under his belt and England can re-assess ahead of the Ashes.

He's stayed fit long enough for me and he's got a 5-month break til the India series to recuperate

He's stayed fit long enough for me and he's got a 5-month break til the India series to recuperate

But he has no matches. Just as you wouldn't take Vaughan to India, you wouldn't take a Simon Jones who hasn't proved himself. If anything, give Jones a runout for the Lions, its match practise under the England set-up.

I wouldn't want England to risk Simon Jones in India because if he breaks down, as theres a good chance of it by his current form, then why do that? Give him a winter, let him have a few run-outs for the Lions where ever they are touring, and then let him have the start of the cricket next year. There is still plenty of time for Simon Jones.

In 9 CC matches this season, he's taken 42 wickets at 18.02 apiece and with a SR of 30.1

If that's not proving himself, I dunno what is

He's still gotten himself injured, why risk an injury to him. Lets take the same carefulness as we did with Flintoff, look at the rewards it has brought.

Middlesex have signed Carter from Warwickshire on loan for the Stanford games and maybe the Champions League. My only question is, why him? I mean if they wanted an opening batsman to pinch hit, I imagine there would be plenty of players of the County circuit interested in going on loan for a bit of cash.

I thought you said Cook for a moment then!

Good luck to our Dominic. I know he's gonna torment us next year.

Group A:
Ireland, Hampshire, Nottinghamshire, Worcestershire, Leicestershire

Group B:
Scotland, Warwickshire, Kent, Somerset, Middlesex

Group C:
Surrey, Durham, Gloucestershire, Yorkshire, Sussex

Group D:
Essex, Glamorgan, Lancashire, Derbyshire, Northamptonshire

Draw for the 2009 Friends Provident trophy. Gone are the regional groupings, good, I got a bit fed up of watching the same 4 opponents over and over last season.

Users who are viewing this thread