English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
I would most like to see Rob Key at the top of the order for england, he showed yesterday in a game vs Leicestershire that he can anchor the innings as well as be the dominant force like he does in the T20's

At last Lancs are investing in a new drainage system. My grandad got me a lump of turf from the Old Trafford pitch as well lol.

My grandad got me a lump of turf from the Old Trafford pitch as well lol.
Lol, I wanted to go and get a piece, would have done but for the football. Wasn't sure if they'd ended up giving them away after the match was abandoned.

At last Lancs are investing in a new drainage system. My grandad got me a lump of turf from the Old Trafford pitch as well lol.
Do you have a certificate or something, he could have just dug a bit up from his lawn!!

Saw some paperweights with turf in them from Lord's earlier in the season, but at the end of the day it just looks like you've got a lump of grass on your desk, what's the point?

Haha, it's sitting in the same pot as the bit of grass I nicked last year from the Arctic Monkeys gig there. :D

Just saw highllights of final of some tournament and a guy called Imran Tahir bowled lollypops for wickets. But he was bowling like Mendis off spin, leg spin, straighter etc. :p

He's been playing for Hampshire recently, and playing well, took a bagful of wickets in the Championship game here at Old Trafford not long ago.

Maybe the WI should call up Robert Joseph. He has been playing great for Kent this year, he still has some control issues but he looks like a player who deserves a chance.

On Cricinfo, they have him down as an English player.....

yea but if he wanted to he could give it a go for the WI correct?

Last edited:
He was born in Antigua, so yes he could if he were to be called up.

England already have too many non English players. Even Saqlain and Mushi can play for England. :p

Robbie Joseph could indeed play for either WI or Eng, should the chance arise. He's been in the UK for a long time now, I was talking to a guy who remembers watching him at 16 (he was playing cricket at the time!). I think its pretty far away from him getting a call up mind. I've been watching him for a good few years now and until recently (the last couple of weeks) he hasn't really made that big improvement from a fringe player to an important first team member. Had you asked me in July if Kent should let him go, I would have said yes. He'll have to keep up his terrific form until the end of the season at least before I'm totally convinced he's turned it up a notch rather than just enjoying a purple patch.

Users who are viewing this thread