English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters

jordox

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Key was top run scorer for all competitions (He averaged over 70 in Twenty20)
MvJ was the only other player to score over 1000 first class runs for the team, but he really needs to work on starting his innings, he'll get out for 0 or make a huge score.
Ryan McLaren impressed me greatly and was our leading wicket taker.
Hall didn't hardly play for us and has since signed so some two bit division 2 team :p
Saggers had a great second half of the season after a loan spell to Essex and Cook bowled really well.
As for who's coming in next season, I've not heard anything substantial on the rumour mill, just pie in the sky stuff like Kallis. Kemp coming back has probably been knocked on the head with him being given the vice-captaincy for SA, there were romours he'd sign as a Kolpak, but I don't know how close they came.

Surely Key has to be buying selection back into the English team then! :P

.Mob

International Coach
You'd think so, but Key is about 34 (?) and Ramprakash has had twice as productive a season than Key for the last 2 years yet they overlook rightly due, because they are looking forward to the future and Rams is 38 (I think).

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe the selectors think like you, because I can see no reason why he isn't in the England squad. OK last year he wasn't too hot, but he was recovering from a shoulder op and couldn't even throw, but this season he was the highest scoring Englishman in the CCh other than Ramps and was only third behind di-venuto.

.Mob

International Coach
Look, I never stated my opinion on it. I was merely stating a possible reason why he isn't in the England squad.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I know, I was just saying that maybe the selectors think he's 34 too ;)

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
He's not done very much wrong when he last played for England in 2004 but I just think the batsmen England have got at the moment will do them good for the next 3-4 years.

Key has performed well in County Cricket but with young players coming through, I doubt he will get much chance again.

Sureshot

Executive member
I'd have Key in at the drop of a hat, probably a nacho hat like Homers, with a bite out of it. But I'd still have him.

Animator!

School Cricketer
This happened aggggeeees ago, but Loudon has retired, to take up a career in the city.

Vaughan Van Jaarsveld has also left his Kolpak contract with Warwickshire, to return to South Africa, 5 months after saying he was determined to qualify to play for England. They've been paying him all winter as well. Ownage.

Sureshot

Executive member
There are better options than Vaughn Van Jaarsveld, far better options. Not a big loss imo.

.Mob

International Coach
YES!

Stuey Law is the new captain for Lancs, pretty happy with that. He has a great record as captain for Queensland.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Kent today announced the signing of Azhar Mahmood. Mahmood who has married an Englishwoman is expected to receive UK citizenship in December.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
That's a handy bit of business by Kent. I fancy them to do almost as good as Lancashire this season.

Users who are viewing this thread