English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Yeah I'm pretty pleased with the signing. Not sure how it will effect the signing of an overseas player. I guess one won't be announced until after Christmas (maybe a bit late to get an ideal signing) unless Kent take a punt on the citizenship being granted. I do expect another signing to be announced shortly though.

Mahmood should be a pretty decent signing for Kent. A great one-day bowler. Kent might be able to defend their Twenty20 cup this year, with him in their team. ;)

Yeah I'm pretty pleased with the signing. Not sure how it will effect the signing of an overseas player. I guess one won't be announced until after Christmas (maybe a bit late to get an ideal signing) unless Kent take a punt on the citizenship being granted. I do expect another signing to be announced shortly though.

You're match fit, now?

English citizen, but Aussie born.

Ok, its my mistake (Which I rectified yesterday). Sorry, Not sure how that slipped through, must have been when I was adding a lot of players and forgot to check.

Ok, its my mistake (Which I rectified yesterday). Sorry, Not sure how that slipped through, must have been when I was adding a lot of players and forgot to check.

Easy mistake to make i suppose.Any news on lancashires overseas for next year?Australia and Sri Lanka have busy schedules to i presume this rules out Murali and Hodge.

Lancashire have announced the signing of South African Francois du Plessis on a 6 month contract from April 2008. I assume he'll be playing as a Kolpak.

Lancashire have announced the signing of South African Francois du Plessis on a 6 month contract from April 2008. I assume he'll be playing as a Kolpak.

Great another Kolpak player in the English game.He played for Todmorden last season didn't he?

Here's hoping he is class.

He's a reasonable batsmen, bats #3 for the Titans and has had limited success. Most of his runs have come for Northerns, who play in the lesser quality South African domestic competition. Still a good signing, if England are looking for a decent ODI batsmen. Just a shame he's left South Africa.

Essex

Oversea's Player -

Players In -
David Masters, Jason Gallian, Chris Wright

Players Out -
Andrew McGarry, Darren Thomas

We obviously have an eye to the future with the signing of Wright, because he doesn't deserve a contract on merit. Masters is an average country pro, should provide adequate support to Andy Bichel, Danish Kaneria etc. Jason Gallian is a good batsmen though, and went through a purple patch between 2002 and 2005 where he was superb, but seems to have descended those heights. An average of 37 last season is reasonable, but I hope his best isn't past him.

Last edited:
Now the ground is gonna be covered in p*ss again, great.

Users who are viewing this thread