English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Good to see Franklin and Butler performing well. My favourite team because of the three kiwis they have (probably why they're not too good :p)

Yeah 7th bowler and opening batsman, sort of swapped his roles around. Worked well though

I reckon he will end up opening for Wellington next season hes had a decent run doing it for Gloucs.

I wonder if Anthony ireland has any interest of playing for Zimbabwe again. Good bowler i'd say.

Pollard earning his paycheck already. :banana2

Looks like an exceptional debut from the West Indian. Going to be difficult to choose who to play when Cam White gets here. I guess it'll be Kartik who has to miss out and can concentrate on the 4-day format.

Surrey were dreadful again. Makes me wonder why I bother travelling to the games. Both overseas players have been useless part from Symonds with some decent fielding.

Looks like an exceptional debut from the West Indian. Going to be difficult to choose who to play when Cam White gets here. I guess it'll be Kartik who has to miss out and can concentrate on the 4-day format.

I'm not sure on the availability of both White and Pollard, so I don't know how many games we actually have both available for. I'd imagine they would both play though, even though Kartik is quality, we can probably fill his overs with Waller, who only bowled one at Middlesex I think. Hopefully he can step up and be used a bit more. Our top order finding some form might also be useful.

Ian Bell in the runs for Warwickshire again; Ross Taylor and Ian Blackwell made a few big runs for Durham in the same game; Alex Hales has followed his runs from last night up with 62* off 20 balls with 3 sixes for Notts. Hales is one of the youngsters I'm backing to play International cricket at some point, he's looked so, so good whenever I've seen him, ridiculous power. Talking of ridiculous power, you see Pollard's six the other night? Was 6ft short of clearing the Lords pavilion :eek: That's not been done since Albert Trott did it in 1899. Prior's just ended up 90* for Sussex opening the batting too.

Last edited:
We must remember that all these innings are against county bowlers so we might as well disregard them as the county bowlers are all so dreadful...

:laugh Excellent point.

Gilly made a century for Middlesex. Plenty of runs today, and yet again Sky pick a game dominated by the ball. Brilliant. Not too bothered though as Hampshire are going brilliantly :D Fats Patel made a few for Notts too, just a shame he went at 11 an over with the ball.

Last edited:
Shocker of a pitch at the Rose Bowl. I don't think Hampshire like it so much now they're batting...

MUFC1987 added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Century for Durston too. Good to see him back in the Pro game. I'm surprised we got rid really.

Bad pitch, but this has been mindless cricket in the last few overs. Adams batted beautifully, but then chucked his wicket away, McKenzie played a nothing shot, Christian was fairly lazy but was undone by some fantastic work from Pollard and Cork's been. Awful stuff. Need the young lads to do the business now.

FFS. Thomas picks up Wood and we're down to our last 2 batsmen, with 8 needed from 7. We really should have walked this. 5/4 in the last 15 balls, pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread