English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
I think Yorkshire must hate their trips down to Taunton. We always seem to chase whatever they set us. :D

Glamorgan looking good to get promotion from Div 2 of the County Championship this season (1st on 97pts after 6 games)...won their last 2 games by an innings and 4 runs (the last without James Harris!). If they can get a win from one of the next two games before T20 then I'd deffo fancy them to get up.

Stokes looks like a very decent prospect. Really enjoying his innings thus far especially the timing and power he seems to posses; plus he's only 18.

There seems to be a good undercurrent of young players getting their opportunity at first class level this year thanks to the stricter laws on Kolpak players.

Yea i like the look of Stokes indeed. The most impresssive player in England's recent Under-19 WC team along with Nathan Buck for me.

Looks a very good potential ODI player for the future i'd say.

Nick Kruger possible record breaking 208

I hear that Nick Kruger is back in England. Apparently he just equalled the Northern League Record of 208 runs, the crazy thing is he got it off just 109 balls. Is this some sort of record for the fastest 200 ever?

Very disturbing that Ntini who clearly was a finsihed test bowler when England toured SA last winter. Has come to county cricket this season & is being made to look good.

Bowled genuinely well from what I saw of him against Kent on Sky. Appeared to have his nip back, was bowling the consist Ntini line of old and bowled a few real jaffers. Not surprised to see him getting a few County wickets, looked good when I saw him.

Bowled genuinely well from what I saw of him against Kent on Sky. Appeared to have his nip back, was bowling the consist Ntini line of old and bowled a few real jaffers. Not surprised to see him getting a few County wickets, looked good when I saw him.

Ha. Well admittedly i'd haven't seen him bowl, just came across a scorecard on cricinfo that he took a 6 for somewhere.

But i find that wayy to convenient that after being a piss por test bowler from the Saffies tour here in 2008 to last winter. That SUDDENLY has he landed he county cricket he has suddenly found his mojo back.

I dont buy that at all. Too many test failures, players past their best or discarded by their national side (English or foreign). In the past decade are stuck in county in county cricket taking up space & is one of the main reason why our domestic structure has some serious weak points even in Division 1.

But it will be interesting to see how he goes for the remainder of the season & if the Saffies recall him ever again for tests.

I'll tell you what, I'd be happy with us chasing 250 on this wicket! Longest boundary is just 55 metres long. Plus the pitch looks like a road. Anything below 200 is below par for me.

Aye, 180 looking like the minimum ATM. Wright looking in imperious form and on this pitch with boundaries this small he should get a few. Shame to see Turner go round the park in his last over, I thought his first one was very good. Decent pace, solid action and a bit of movement. Looks a good bowler.

King Pietersen added 5 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

:laugh Wright smashes his bat in half and the ball still goes over cover for 4. Awesome.

Murali Kartik will be the key for us. Took 6 wickets in the last County Championship match and he is very good in Twenty20 cricket.

Would you believe it. Luke Wright's bat just completely smashed and yet the ball has still gone for four. Extraordinary!

Last edited:
Why? Was right about Murali Kartik.

That is the biggest beamer I have ever seen! Looped straight into Kieswetter's hands. :laugh

Couldn't haven't been further off the par score :p

EDIT: Woops, read the score wrong, thought they had only scored 120 off 20, but clearly they haven't :p.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread