English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
I'll tell you what, down at Taunton we have another England wicket keeper of the future: 19 year old, Taunton born, Jos Buttler. Immense innings on Saturday of 69. It was a little bit over-shadowed by Hildreth's outstanding century but he is certainly one for the future.

A good season for Hildreth and I can see him in contention for an England place if one of the English batsmen has a poor Summer. He's been on the radar for a while but has only been performing well in patches. He did hit a triple century last season.

The only problem for Hildreth is that he plays at Taunton and people tend to take results off that pitch with a pinch of salt what with it being such an excellent batting track although they are trying to get it a bit more lively for the bowlers.

Excellent to see a County game on TV. Good start for Durham and Harmison but he's not going to get near the England team ever again especially when hes bowling at an average of 81mph.

Disappointing there's no Davies in the side. Would liked to have seen him bowl. Though it's probably for the best, he hasn't exactly started brilliantly.

Great to see Borthwick in the team though. Shall be very interesting to see how he goes.

Durham look very poor at the moment albeit they have been decimated from injuries. Its quite amazing how so many player are injured at one for them.

I don't think I can listen to Nick Knight commentate without a smirk on my face after that advert.

Screw Brian Lara's 501, Key just played a stormer!! 261 from 270, next highest scorer was 43.

About time too, he has been useless so far this season. Just wish I had access to Sky Sports and been able to watch the day's play :(

Err, did you not see him against Notts? Unfortunately the innings meant absolutely naff all but he was just immense (He smashed 44 off 19 balls with 5 fours and 3 sixes). Simply one of the best batsmen in England when on form, no matter what form of the game.

EDIT: Seems you are completely wrong then Tom :p

Warwickshire going well. Were 22/6, and could have been on 22/7 as Tim Ambrose was dropped on 0. :laugh Unfortunately Carter's now counter-attacking and got them upto 38/6 and is already top scorer with 10*; previous top scorer was Trott with 6. Hilariously bad performance from them, making Hampshire's batting look brilliant.

Stokes looks like a very decent prospect. Really enjoying his innings thus far especially the timing and power he seems to posses; plus he's only 18.

There seems to be a good undercurrent of young players getting their opportunity at first class level this year thanks to the stricter laws on Kolpak players.

Shaun Udal picks up a 5 wicket haul at the age of 41, fair play to the guy.

Younis Khan to play for Surrey until July. No Piwush Chawla or Brian Lara.

Really nice delivery that by Borthwick. That was a Warnesque picthing on leg hitting off out the ground.

I've not been over impressed by Mustard's captaincy; yes Borthwick is young and needs to be eased in but I fail to see why he wouldn't use Borthwick in the first innings more than he did. Especially when he kept bowling Blackwell who was being carted around.

Users who are viewing this thread