English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Ton from Horton puts Lancs on top now, and on day 3 Essex only have 8 wickets left :) now lets get them out for less than 100 and have an innings win :p

Carberry why could he not have batted this way in Bangladesh :facepalm

he really screwed himself with those pretty 30s, going to be a long time before he is near Test selection again

Middlesex lost 11 wickets for the match and still managed to lose. Declared both times!

Great win for Lancashire yesterday, will be going to watch the CB40 tie v Surrey the week after my birthday! I'll be making the trip to Old Trafford a few times this summer I hope

County cricket team news

Do you know where I can find up-to-date county cricket team news (Championship & ECB40)?

None of the following sites cover team news; Cricinfo, BBC Sport, ECB site

Any help is much appreciated.

Carberry why could he not have batted this way in Bangladesh :facepalm

he really screwed himself with those pretty 30s, going to be a long time before he is near Test selection again

He'd never get ahead of Strauss/Cook anyway.

They're not. Smith, Moore, Horton, Prince, Chilton, S Croft, Sutton (W), Chapple (C), S Mahmood, D Powell, Kerrigan.

Hampshire are flinging terrible. Relying completely on Carbs to score our runs and other than Kabir, our bowling's nowhere near good enough to compete in Div 1. Think we're going to be lucky to stay up this year. Could really do with Simon Jones getting fit and rolling through some batting line-ups. Would be awesome to see him fit and taking wickets again. If he gets fit quickly he could force his way onto the plane to Australia.

Edit: Doesn't look like Jones'll be bowling soon. Only now bowling off a short-run in the nets. So at least he's making progress, but he's not expected to be fit until the latter stages of the season. Hopefully he'll have long enough to take a nice haul of wickets and get his name into contention for England. Would love to see Jones back in England colours. He's only 31, so if he can get fit and stay fit he'd still have a few years left in him. Anderson, Onions, Jones and Swann would be a fantastic attack to take to Australia.

Last edited:
I thought Yorkshire had problems with half our seam attack heading off to the Caribbean and only Tino Best coming the other way but this is our best start to a season since 2008. Mind you in 2008 we did only survive by 1 point despite being top of the Championship at the half way mark.

Kent will need to look out for Kerrigan, 1st game of the season took a 5fer, looks like a good replacement for Jimmy.

Carberry in top nick so far, is Tahir going to be at warwicks all season or is he actualyl going to get called up for SA

Users who are viewing this thread