English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Scorecards and I believe there's radio commentary on bbc.co.uk/sport. I always follow the County stuff on BBC, prefer the layout to Cricinfo for looking at lots of scorecards quickly.

Lancs 3 down now; 1-3 for Chris Woakes. Finn and Shahzad have a wicket a-piece already too. Nott's are the only side yet to lose a wicket, and most games aren't any further than 8 overs in. Awesome start for the bowlers.

King Pietersen added 15 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Lancs now 22-4 with Surrey trying to match there effort at 16-3. Surrey have been hilariously bad so far this year.

Actually Sureshot I listented to most radio commentaries for county games last year. Its weird, some days they are restricted and somedays they are not.
TMS is always restricted though :(

This Northants Gloucs match is utterly dire.

23 wickets on the first day...

RMJ continues his good form as Surrey finish day 1 on 199-7, RMJ with 4 wickets and 1 for Monty too. Good position for us to be in. In slightly surprising news, Jaik Mickleburgh hits a ton against a strong Durham attack for Essex.

It looks like Ishant Sharma will be playing for Hampshire this season.

He said a county stint would help Ishant immensely. " I think he will be playing for Hampshire this season. And that will improve his bowling and organisational skills because in England he will be alone," Akram said. "When I was 21, I used to get up at one o' clock because at this age you tend to sleep late and he does the same which is fine with me. But in county cricket, he won't get time to rest so much because he will be traveling and bowling everyday. In the process his bowling muscles will get stronger which will help increase his pace."

Source

Eugh. Don't want him in the T20 stuff, as I presume that'd be what he'd come over for, as I believe we've got Mendis for the FC stuff. I wanted us to get Watson back this year, but I guess with Warne no longer involved in the club it's unlikely. Sharma coming over here wouldn't help him much (as he wouldn't get in the side) or us, as we've got better Overseas T20 options. Just a waste of money. Guess it would help Sharma bowling and training every day, but I wouldn't expect him to get much match practise with Afridi, Mendis and Razzaq already signed to play for us.

I just plain don't want him to play for Hampshire. Most overrated seamer in recent memory.

Bangladesh is a much improved side as well. They are not an easy team to beat at home. They even challenged India in certain sessions. The problem is that they can't hold it together for an entire day and to win a test match, you generally need to win at least 2 entire days.

Same for NZ, Pak, WI too.

is there anywere to see highlights of the county championship or is do they not bother to film it

Users who are viewing this thread