English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Really good haul that by Finn was getting some big swing. I was expecting most of his wickets came because there was indifferent low bounce on account of the numbers of bowleds and lbws.

Harris also had a cracking match for Glamorgan and Shahzad also did decently.

Nice win at Cardiff, 201 runs, I'll take that. Some solid performances all around. I think RMJ was superb and Nash's spell in the 2nd innings was crucial. Monty jumps in to a Martlets shirt and grabs 4 wickets.

Hampshire put up a decent fight against Essex, and it was going very well until RTD decided to step-up and bowl a magnificent spell of 5-13 from 5.5 overs. Looked like we tried to chase the runs down for a while. Carbs and Adams started nicely, and Pothas scored at a decent rate too, but RTD's spell just ripped the lower-middle order apart. A few positives to take out of the game though. Kabir Ali bowled excellently in the 2nd innings, Adams played a marvelous knock in the 1st, and the young lad Griffiths bowled nicely in the 1st. Just a shame he couldn't hold out for 2 balls longer and play out the draw.

Rogers got 200 and 140 :laugh

Is it just me or does County Cricket really suck?

Hughes averaged 140 there and Symonds had a ridiculous average there too :laugh

Finn's 9 Wicket Hall. You see all the wickets on the Middlesex site website. It was a magnificant spell, and the ball to get Solanki was awesome! Even then he picked up Moeen Ali next ball with a jaffa, it was Strauss who denied Finn the 10fer dropping Jaques off his bowling. But that was stunning from Finn, worth a watch!

Man, great spell of bowling. Enjoyed watching Jones as well, both look to be good prospects.

I'm really digging the camera angle. You can actually see the deviations off the pitch, and the swing seems more realistic than the view used in international games.

And Finn picked up 14 wickets after only managing 4 wickets in 4 innings against Bangladesh :laugh

And Finn picked up 14 wickets after only managing 4 wickets in 4 innings against Bangladesh :laugh

Yeah... on the flattest pitches ever. He didn't bowl many overs either.

Did you even watch those highlights...?

Cricketman added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

I wouldn't really be talking if I were you either. Australian domestic batsman make Krezja look like Warne! :p

Yeah... on the flattest pitches ever. He didn't bowl many overs either.

Oh I'm sorry, without Ashrafool they look like a semi-decent batting unit :sarcasm

Even on the flattest of pitches, Bangladesh still hand you their wickets on a platter :rtfl

TumTum added 2 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Did you even watch those highlights...?

Cricketman added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

I wouldn't really be talking if I were you either. Australian domestic batsman make Krezja look like Warne! :p

Yeah I did, how many of those dismissals in the match were not unplayable deliveries?

Krezja look like Warne? :rtfl Even that "doosra" delivery must have probably hit a crack :doh

Oh I'm sorry, without Ashrafool they look like a semi-decent batting unit :sarcasm

Even on the flattest of pitches, Bangladesh still hand you their wickets on a platter :rtfl

TumTum added 2 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Yeah I did, how many of those dismissals in the match were not unplayable deliveries?

Krezja look like Warne? :rtfl Even that "doosra" delivery must have probably hit a crack :doh

1st Test: Bangladesh v Australia at Fatullah, Apr 9-13, 2006 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Yeah, they sure handed it on a platter there :sarcasm.

Bangladesh is a much improved side as well. They are not an easy team to beat at home. They even challenged India in certain sessions. The problem is that they can't hold it together for an entire day and to win a test match, you generally need to win at least 2 entire days.

Wow, awesome performance from Finn; as mentioned, the delivery to Solanki was a beauty. Looks like that spell with England has done him the world of good confidence wise, and if he continues to bowl as well as that, he could very easily find himself back in an England shirt by the end of the summer, especially considering the England skipper was there to enjoy the bowling from slip.

Users who are viewing this thread