English Premier League VIII | Round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant Wait For The Auctions To Start

English Premier League VI - Domestic Auction Rules
Credit to CG123 for pretty much everything below

- Your squad will consist of 10 domestic players and 8 international players, 6 domestic players and 5 international players will be brought in an action, while the remaining 4 domestic players and 3 international players will be drafted in a draft.

- This post is just outlining phase-1 of the auction, in which you'll buy 6 domestic players.

- For your convenience the players have been classified into 3 pools (batsmen, allrounders and bowlers), with a separate social group for each pool.

- Phase-1 of the auction which involves only domestic cricketers will start on Monday June 11, and you can start bidding as soon as you receive an invitation to the social groups.

- There's a base price corresponding to each player. The base prices have been set pretty low in the vicinity of ?150,000 to ?450,000, so there should be some serious bidding for the better players.

- The minimum amount by which a bid must be raised to beat it is ?50,000.

- A player will be declared sold if the current highest bid stands for a period of 24 hours.

- You'll be buying exactly 6 domestic players in phase-1 of the auction, you must buy at least 1 batsman, at least 1 all-rounder and at least 1 bowler, but apart from that the choice of combination is yours.

- In case you want to plan ahead, in your 5 international players you'll also need to buy at least 1 batsman, at least 1 all-rounder and at least 1 bowler

- You have a phase-1 (domestic) auction purse of ?3,000,000 virtual money (not vCash) to be used for buying just your 6 domestic players.

- No virtual money will be carried over into the international auction.

- You must not cancel any bids, once they've been placed they're there to stay, unless you get outbid. Since I'm a mod I can see who's deleted their posts/bids, so that won't work. If you accidentally place a seventh bid/go over the virtual money limit, then you must delete the most recent bid you've placed asap, to avoid confusion with the other managers.

- It's your responsibility to keep a track of how many players you have bid for, and make sure that you don't bid for more than 6 players at a time (in phase-1), and you don't exceed ?3,000,000 virtual money (also in phase-1).

- If you have any doubts or difficulty in understanding any of the above points, then post them ASAP. If you've understood everything, then can you please post here confirming that you have. If you do not confirm that you have read the rules, you will not receive a social group invitation.

Last edited:
Read. Would like to tell you that there is not a single auction where someone fluffs it and destroys it for someone else, by either bidding more than they have or more than 6 players or any other random reason. I hope you can sort out adequate punishments :p

Read. Would like to tell you that there is not a single auction where someone fluffs it and destroys it for someone else, by either bidding more than they have or more than 6 players or any other random reason. I hope you can sort out adequate punishments :p

I'll try. Deletion of bids shouldn't be an issue since we'll have two, possibly three mods in in the SGs. I can delete bids if someone goes over so it shouldn't be too bad.

Got it. Pretty similar to every other auction I've been in

Looking forward to it

The Rules Are Simple And Easy Read And Understood

EPLLogo2M.png

Bowling duo in auction spotlight​

With the auction just two days away, two players in particular have been singled out as targets for the teams involved. Stuart Broad and Graeme Swann can expect to have big bids placed on them when the auction opens up come Monday June 11.

Swann is the leading wicket taker among the local players with 91 scalps with Broad just one behind on 90. Both possess leadership qualities with Broad being the England Twenty20 captain and Swann stepping in when Broad has been injured.

Nottingham and Liverpool have both enjoyed the services of Broad and Swann. Both will undoubtedly be looking to retain their star players but the other teams will be just as eager to add them to their roster.

S6AuctionPreviewBroadSwann.png
Stuart Broad and Graeme Swann will be in high demand​

With the majority of the focus on the two England bowlers, one may suspect the prudent bidder could sneak in and pick up a cheap buy when the others are distracted. Who will come away with the best 6?

Be ready.

-X-​

Auction reminders​

A few important things to keep in mind:

- Budget: ?3,000,000
- Maximum bid raise: ?50,000
- You must buy 6 players and at least 1 batsman, 1 allrounder and 1 bowler.
- Money will not carry over to the international auction.

I will send out social group invitations on Monday. Once you recieve them, you may start bidding.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread