English Premier League VIII | Round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah! What a perfect run chase that was! Strauss showing his intent from the very first over. Hope we can win our fixture in the last round also.

fearsome tweak the table is damn close. Need to win the crunch game. Rashid has been fantastic like last time, it's a pity that he's always dropped for the excellent pitch games. I still regret trading Bopa for Twiggy, but I rather move on now.

Well that was comprehensive. Gayle is just too good, and I'm really surprised people let me get Watson as well. Still, I'm not complaining, because one good result and we're in the finals.

Well that was comprehensive. Gayle is just too good, and I'm really surprised people let me get Watson as well. Still, I'm not complaining, because one good result and we're in the finals.

You have a good NRR which is a massive bonus when the final round comes around and it's this close.

Come on! We need to defeat Manchester at any cost. Also would want London to thrash Northampton by a massive margin, so that we get a cushion.

Not at all defending that sad pathetic performance from our boys so late in the season, but we were through to the playoffs even before the coin toss, so no worries whatsoever. :p

Despite a hiccough I think we are well placed to finish as the top team heading into the playoffs. Fantastic performance from the batsman and the bowlers alike. Dilshan got runs and wickets which means he will take the final overseas spot. Morgan was sensational once again.

Perera was back on track, Meaker and Roach were sensational too. Panesar, though has helped me sort down my final XI and there is comfort knowing my strongest XI now

Yeah,not quite our season.Not that we've played some quality cricket to help our chances either.
279 was a total we would have backed ourselves to chase down on an excellent batting strip,but given the poor form and low morale of the team,it was well out of our reach.

EPLLogo2M.png

Season 6

Round 14 preview

As the EPL finals near, the final round is always a mad dash for last minute spots to be booked. With teams sporting new rosters, past form can't be fully relied upon to decide who will advance. A breakdown of the matches will tell us exactly who needs to do what.

Nottingham Outlaws v Liverpool Cricket Club
at Nottingham - Normal pitch

Liverpool and Nottingham are teams that have had contrasting seasons. Liverpool has been sitting pretty around the top of the table for the entire season whilst Nottingham have had to endure one of their worst seasons on record. A win for Liverpool locks them into the finals. Their poor NRR could be their undoing should they lose but even if they do, their superb round robin campaign should see them through.

Nottingham still have the faintest of hopes to make the finals but relying on other teams is hardly a sure fire way to advance. Firstly, they need to win and win big. Then they'll need London to absolutely trounce Northampton and have Manchester and Birmingham beat the living daylights out of each other. It would be a massive coup if Nottingham pull it off.

S6R14previewACook.png

Alastair Cook will look to lift himself out of the batting rut he has fallen into

London Scorpions v Northampton Tigers
at The Oval - Normal pitch

London find themselves in an all too familiar position: languishing near the bottom of the table and out of finals contention. Their star signings in the auction have failed to fire together, with occasional bursts of brilliance not enough to match more consistent teams. They can make life tricky for Northampton if they win. They hold the key to one part of Nottingham's finals puzzle.

As the newest franchise in the league, Northampton have played as though they've been here from the start. They are a win away from entering the finals in their debut season. Their strong NRR will no doubt be crucial should places need to be decided on that basis.

S6R14previewSFinn.png

Steven Finn has spearheaded the bowling attack superbly

Chelmsford Dragons v Southampton Sharks
at Chelmsford - Normal pitch

This is a season Chelmsford will want to forget in a hurry. They currently sit at the bottom of the table and face the dubious honour of taking home the wooden spoon. There is only pride to play for in this match. A win could help others teams, but likely to have little effect.

Southampton are back in the drivers seat after a slight wobble in the second half on the competition. A strong batting lineup complimented with some surprise performers with the ball have seen Southampton set the pace for most of the season. As of now, they can sit safely in the knowledge that a finals berth is waiting for them. A win should secure them a home final.

S6R14previewSMeaker.png

Stuart Meaker has surprised all with a stunning season thus far

Birmingham Bucks v Manchester Thunder
at Birmingham - Normal pitch

The big one. The most important match of the round see two teams with a shot at finals glory in a winner take all situation. There's a mathematical chance that both teams could make it but a win here and now will be the easiest way to advance. Birmingham again find themselves right at the end of the round robin stage in a must-win situation. They've done it before, they can do it again.

Manchester have been to the finals four seasons in a row. They will back themselves to make a fifth appearance. A well balanced side packed with star players sees them go into the game with the edge.

S6R14previewSAjmal.png

Saeed Ajmal is the lone spinner in Manchester's lineup; Birmingham go into the match with three

Truman, Liverpool are definitely guaranteed a place in the final 4, as only one of Birmingham/Manchester can topple us to the top 3, with Southampton and Northampton being the other 2 who could leapfrog us with respective wins, whilst we lose our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread