Espana win Euro 2008!!

Who will win it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dont think there is a thread for this so making one myself.

Euro 2008 Championships - Austria and Switzerland
June 7-29

Groups
A: Czech Rep, Turkey, Switzerland, Portugal
B: Poland, Austria, Croatia, Germany
C: France, Italy, Romania, Holland
D: Spain, Sweden, Russia and Greece

Group C is easily the group of death. Feel very bad for Romania, but you never know, they might just cause an upset or two. I think they topped their qualifying group as well.

------------------------------------------------------------

Spain squad was annouced a few days back and no surprises to see Raul unable to make the cut. Aragones had decided this ages ago. I dont really mind though as in Torres, Villa and Guiza we have three awesome strikers. Would have preferred Bojan or Arizmendi over Sergio Garcia really though

And our defence looks good for the first time in a long time. Raul Albiol has been very impressive in what can be described as a horrible season for his club Valencia. He actually outplayed Marchena, and even Puyol has been off this season for Barca. But I think Aragones will play one between Puyol and Marchena, but Albiol should play. Ofcourse if everything fails, we can still rely on the best goalkeeper in the world today.

Ahh, cant wait for the games to start. I am particularly looking forward to beating Greece, who cost us a place in the QFs last time.

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Liverpool), Andres Palop (Sevilla)

Defenders: Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Raul Albiol (Valencia), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Fernando Navarro (Real Mallorca), Alvaro Arbeloa (Liverpool), Juanito (Real Betis)

Midfielders: Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Xavi (Barcelona), David Silva (Valencia), Santi Cazorla (Villarreal), Xabi Alonso (Liverpool), Ruben de la Red (Getafe), Marcos Senna (Villarreal)

Forwards: David Villa (Valencia), Daniel Guiza (Real Mallorca), Sergio Garcia (Real Zaragoza), Fernando Torres (Liverpool)

We have friendlies against USA and Peru before the championships.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Come on Croatia! They should be able to get out of that group.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Damn M_Vaughan, how many teams do you support ffs ? Real Madrid, Chelsea, Spain, India, and probably a load more, and apart from India, all of those are top sides, abit of a glory hunter i reckon ;).

Also, Lee, why on earth are you supporting Croatia ? They knocked us out, and cost us a place in the competition, you should be hoping they get hammered every game. I reckon Portugal will win the Euro, Ronaldo, Nani, Quaresma, and a few more awesome players, Ronaldo's gunna have a beast of a tournament i reckon.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Also, Lee, why on earth are you supporting Croatia ? They knocked us out, and cost us a place in the competition, you should be hoping they get hammered every game. I reckon Portugal will win the Euro, Ronaldo, Nani, Quaresma, and a few more awesome players, Ronaldo's gunna have a beast of a tournament i reckon.

I am supporting Croatia because they are a good side.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Good luck to the Swiss, Turkish and Czech left backs.

Not right without England but we'll be back in 2010 to take the world cup if we make Rooney captain and play him in position.

VIVA RONALDO

PhilD123

International Coach
Viva Ronaldo:D:D.

For that reason I want Portugal to win it, to shut the people up who say Ronaldo doesn't peform in big games, despite his numerous goals in the Champions League. Holland as second cos they always play decent football.

Just really hope that the United players do well and stay fit for next season. Actually, just looking at that list, not too many United players in there, VDS, Evra, Ronaldo and Nani are the only ones I think.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
okk ok guys, that is really over the top, :p

France is gonne kick everyone's fat @ss,

On vit ensemble, on vibre ensemble
(Live together, celebrate together)

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Vindo em Portugal. Você pode ganhar o euro 2008.

cric_craze

Club Cricketer
okk ok guys, that is really over the top, :p

France is gonne kick everyone's fat @ss,

On vit ensemble, on vibre ensemble
(Live together, celebrate together)

who did u support scot vs france in the qualifiers

usy

Chairman of Selectors
wow you're using a signature I made.

erm, France ofcorse, well duh!

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I feel either Germany, Italy, Portugal, Holland, France or Czech Republic will be the champion. Russia can come far also with the coaching of Hiddink.

6 x Afridi

Club Cricketer
ok guys ill tell u one thing
with an even stronger team since world cup 2006
GERMANY ALL THE WAY
i support germany because they have the best players and most of them are young. so its like bangladesh team but as good as pakistan or india

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Well I'm glad the pundits share my view on Sergio Garcia's inclusion in the squad. Just four goals all season, and from what I've seen of him in the matches against Madrid, he has missed a like a million chances. Cant understand what Aragones has seen in him, but I hope there is something.

Users who are viewing this thread