Euro 2008 Qualifiers

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Group A and C don't look that easy either.

In Group A there are Portugal, Poland and Serbia (I think instead of Serbia and Montenegro) were playing in the World Cup. And Belgium used to be good too. So not an easy group, since all teams are beatable.

In Group C there are Czech Republic, Germany, Slovakia and Ireland. I find Ireland a very tough opponent and Slovakia were ranked above them. :rolleyes: So there are four big contenders in this group. Also Wales in this group.

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
We, Wales, will find it hard, especially with an extremely young side, but with that, they can gain valuable experience. Probably Czech Republic and Germany, but Slovakia and Ireland, will challenge too, and Wales no pushovers.

As for Group A, Portugal are the strongest, but Poland have now got Leo Beanhakker, formely of Trinidad and Tobago, and Serbia, will be challengers too. Belgium have declined in recent years, but are still a threat, and plus Finland, with the amount of players in high European Leagues, will feel they could mount an attempt at qualification.

sachin

International Coach
Sureshot said:
Wouldn't call it a gimme group.

Russia, Croatia and to an extent Israel are all decent teams.

I've stated my reasons on the latter why we shouldn't go there though.
But there's no way you aren't going to Qualify.All you'd have to do is play shite football like you did in the World Cup and before you know it the English Media will have you as favourites! :D

Sureshot

Executive member
The English media are so thick they'd have us as favourites even if we didn't qualify!

:D Seriously though, I think we will improve under McClaren because at Boro he has shown that he has no fear of dropping the big name players. Viduka and Yakubu for instance.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I hope France beat Italy this time.

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
sachin said:
But there's no way you aren't going to Qualify.All you'd have to do is play shite football like you did in the World Cup and before you know it the English Media will have you as favourites! :D

That is so true :hpraise

sachin

International Coach
Sureshot said:
The English media are so thick they'd have us as favourites even if we didn't qualify!

:D Seriously though, I think we will improve under McClaren because at Boro he has shown that he has no fear of dropping the big name players. Viduka and Yakubu for instance.
Well that sounds great for England.At last a manager with some backbone,and hopefully for you a manager with some tactical nouse.

DJ Ager said:
That is so true :hpraise
I agree with myself also!:D

sachin

International Coach
What!Is he getting payed Prem League money?Not that money really matters,what else are they going to use it for-covering up Sexual Misdemeanours no doubt!

Sureshot

Executive member
Sven was on a ?5 Million a year deal, MacClaren is on about ?3Million a year.

Hamish

Club Cricketer
I'm following Portugal, as they are a good team to watch. I think they have a good chance, although some capable teams in their group.

Another clash between France and Italy, probably the most anticipated match of the competition.

Sureshot

Executive member
A good team to watch?

:D

They don't play that attractively, they don't really play a striker although Pauleta is supposedly their No1 striker.

Users who are viewing this thread