Explain how to bowl!?

Wow mate if you get the game tomorrow. I would officially be the last person to play the game on this forum.

i think there are a lot of guys in the UK thread who will still be waiting, i'm getting mine from abroad.

also some poor guys waiting for PC!

I dont really follow the spin bowling after lots of tutorial time and watching that video.
At what point does the LStick direction for spin type come into play?

Is it where you end up after the three rotations? Where you start the rotation?

Thanks

Edit: Also, what does the "pro tip" < L > + LENGTH Select Crease Position mean?
If you hold that as suggested it just takes away the option to select the delivery type.

Last edited:
I dont really follow the spin bowling after lots of tutorial time and watching that video.
At what point does the LStick direction for spin type come into play?

Is it where you end up after the three rotations? Where you start the rotation?

Thanks

Edit: Also, what does the "pro tip" < L > + LENGTH Select Crease Position mean?
If you hold that as suggested it just takes away the option to select the delivery type.
L plus length button - Bowling closer or farther away from the stumps. After pressing the length button (short, good, full) then you just do the rest normally. Your not taking away any options...

haha if you want a real challenge then try bowling without the bowler assist HUD.

I recommend if you haven't played the game yet then you should opt to practice bowling without a hud right away. It will come in very handy in the long run.

haha if you want a real challenge then try bowling without the bowler assist HUD.

I recommend if you haven't played the game yet then you should opt to practice bowling without a hud right away. It will come in very handy in the long run.

To tell you the truth, I actually find it a little easier without the HUD. Basically the reason I find it so is that you don't get hung up on delivering the 'perfect ball', with the end result all your balls are the same, and actually watch what the bowler is doing. Ditto for batting.

Agree with you on practising without it, but you can just look at the bowler without looking at the HUD...

L plus length button - Bowling closer or farther away from the stumps. After pressing the length button (short, good, full) then you just do the rest normally. Your not taking away any options...

Well the wheel with the delivery choices disappears when you push left / right. Have you not then chosen to bowl a cross seam ball?

What about the spin question? Any ideas on that?

Well the wheel with the delivery choices disappears when you push left / right. Have you not then chosen to bowl a cross seam ball?

What about the spin question? Any ideas on that?

Nope, you just push left or right with the left stick as well as the length button, anything you press after that with the left button is your delivery of choice (which you do in conjunction with the right stick)

For example, I like to bowl closer to the wicket and swing/seam it away from the right handed, so I press the left stick to the right as well as the x button (ps3), then as he starts his run up I move the left stick to about 10/11 position, then when he reaches the the foot marks I pull the right stick down, as his arm goes over I move it straight up.

So the end result is he bowls close to the wicket, the ball swings away from he batsmen.

My career is a pace man, so can't help with the spin, but I'm pretty sure to start your runup you choose your delivery type and length, rotate the left stick and bowl with the right?

Thanks, got the hang of pace now.

The spin seems like what are saying. It's difficult to tell though as there is no visible turn with any deliveries.

Warnie bowling a 3000 rpm leg break and it just goes straight... Weird.

I don't expect you to understand. I guess it was that kind of joke that was only understood by me and may be blocker.

Thanks, got the hang of pace now.

The spin seems like what are saying. It's difficult to tell though as there is no visible turn with any deliveries.

Warnie bowling a 3000 rpm leg break and it just goes straight... Weird.

Lol glad i am not to the only to have noticed this so far. There will be a lot of complaints about this soon.

I bowled 35 overs on a 5th day dusty and weary wicket using S.Ajmal who is arguably the best off spinner around and there was hardly any turn regardless of how perfect the delivery was.

My honest opinion is that the pitch type is only there for show and has no effect on the ball at all. I have tested this out with both spin and pace bowling on different types of pitches and the ball is doing the same thing regardless of pitch type. To add to this, the whole bat pad and slips positions are all worthless there is never any action at bat pad or slips.

Would really like someone to tell me whats the point and where is the fun of bowling spin when the ball is not actually spinning and slips and bat pads are out of the equation.

Same goes for pace bowling, the enjoyment factor decreases quit a bit when you cannot get those classic edges going to and over the slips cordon.
----------

To tell you the truth, I actually find it a little easier without the HUD. Basically the reason I find it so is that you don't get hung up on delivering the 'perfect ball', with the end result all your balls are the same, and actually watch what the bowler is doing. Ditto for batting.

Agree with you on practising without it, but you can just look at the bowler without looking at the HUD...

definitely finding this to be more true as i bowl more without the assist hud. Especially spin bowling. Once you get used to the right speed you need to rotate at, it gets very easy.

Pace is slightly harder though as timing the jump is a little harder at times.

Last edited:
how to bowl googly/ dusra with spinners?

Users who are viewing this thread