Facts concerning BLIC

zimrahil said:
True but the 'he'll do that automatically' implies rubber made a typo and meant to say you don't control your fielder

Then why the 'Bit of strange one to throw into the fire, just to let you debate this'?

barmyarmy said:
Then why the 'Bit of strange one to throw into the fire, just to let you debate this'?

RG has confirmed the typo as I suspected.

Not sure why he thinks its strange not controlling the fielder as all games have had auto fielding, with the manual fielding usually sucking anyway?

Fact of the Day, Thursday 6th

In the 'Custom' section of the game you can create your own 'best of the best' from all the players in the game, both current and classic.

Looks like we've essentially got ourselves a place for our custom teams, once we get a player editor made

we could make County teams or Austrailian state or Ranji trophy teams!!! :eek:
Cool...... :cool:

Fact of the Day, Friday 7th.

While there will be a speedometer after you have bowled of course to tell you the speed you bowled at, to control the speed while you bowl, you select the type of ball you want to bowl (using the controller buttons on PS2/Xbox, not sure on PC yet) and then the speed of the ball depends on your run-up, a what point you release the ball, the swing, if your bowler is 'finding his groove' (how bowlers come into and go out of form throughout a match) and the pitch conditions after the ball has left his hands.

vibs89 said:
Fact of the Day, Friday 7th.

...if your bowler is 'finding his groove' (how bowlers come into and go out of form throughout a match)...

This sounds good - especially if it continues between matches in a series.

stepping out to spinners

Hi i am a newbie here, was wondering if anyone knew whther we can step out to spinner in the newer version of the game? If not that sucks!!

Fact of the Day, Monday 10th

The pitch point marker works differently to previous cricket games in that it is active throughout the run-up rather than being set before the bowler starts his run. This allows for late adjustments to the line and length you are bowling right up to the point when the ball is being released from the bowler's hand

bkannan said:
Hi i am a newbie here, was wondering if anyone knew whther we can step out to spinner in the newer version of the game? If not that sucks!!
which on-BLC or C2004? If 2004 then yes, D or button 4, works best with 6 hit button. Should be there in BLC.

Fact of the Day, Tuesday 11th

The Customise menu of BLIC2005 will include a Player Editor, to edit existing players in the game.

To edit- but not create? So since there's custom teams that you can copy players into it'll be basically copying existing one, editing and then moving into the custom team I'd assume.

EDIT:
Wait until tomorrow's fact of the day
in response to a question about a player creator- I don't think there'd be a fact about something not in the game, so we might well have one :D

:drinks

Last edited:
can probably just change name and abilities wont be able to change appearances

Users who are viewing this thread