Facts concerning BLIC

durrani1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
normaly in games batsman always playes these shots with straight bat even in yorkers diging out. if the batsman is diging out like this then this is great improvement

Anil Dharani

Club Cricketer
Hero said:
I think there are 2 videos going to be released.

Yeah! I think they were scheduled to be released on the 12th of may. Today is the 12th of may, so may be we'll be getting the videos today.

fanirama

Associate Cricketer
Video looks ok. Nothing spectacular.
The NZ fast bowlers legs move at such a rapid pace during his runup. LOL. Not realistic.
Also, all batsmen are deadly still till the ball approaches near the batsman at which point he suddenly animates and strokes the ball in a hurry. LOL again. Not quite realistic.
Overall, though its ok. I'm fairly ok with it.

Also, whats the freakin' date its coming out ?????
Tired of hearing -- 2005, sometime before ashes, sometime in summer, sometime in July. Dammit - just give the proper date !!!

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Batting AND bowling can be controlled up until the 'last second' - just as in real life and just as it should be.

Well I already had doubts on that after watching the video but now they are confirmed. the BLC 2005 batting might not look great while playing it because if u guys have seen the new release video; Watch the batting animations carefully. In real life as well as in Cricket 2004 when the bowler is about to deliver the ball the batsman's lifts the bat quite high as if getting ready to manufacture or play the shot and sort of keeps on moving it , which is very usual and almost every batsman in real life does that. BUT not in BLC 2005 the bat lift is low and not the way in real life cricket or even cricket 2004. Its just doesn't look usual and graceful. In fact the batsman look dumb standing there. And suddenly fron nowhere he hits a six as shown in the video, no initial shuffle or little bit of movement. What kind of batsmanship is that. how did he get the power to do that by just standing. to understand my arguement play a shot or hit a four or six in Cricket 2004 and u will know better. Hopefully Cricket 2005 will be better at that as they have been. Its only a small thing I am talking about but when you guys play the game you will come to notice that. It just doesn't complete the BLC cricket experience. Rest of the features sound OK. There are too many facts given and they actually don't add up to much. So first lets check out both the games and then judge.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
That was discussed too siddarth. yeah, lets wait till we get our hands on the demo. BLIC is having a demo. i am more interested in BLIC after listening to the features and seeing the interaction the makers of BLIC have with the audience

adthomp

International Cricketer
so In Australia I hear its going to be called Ricky Pointing Cricket

hopefully both game Will be compatible if utilities get made

July 4th

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
In exhibition mode the names are made up - because the licence for the names only covers the ICC-endorsed modes (World Cup mode etc). But to counter this of course, there is a player/name editor in the game. So it's not all bad - you can call the players whatever you like. And in fact I'll probably choose some very nice names for the Australian players when they beat us in the Ashes...

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Mahesh Babu said:
In exhibition mode the names are made up - because the licence for the names only covers the ICC-endorsed modes (World Cup mode etc). But to counter this of course, there is a player/name editor in the game. So it's not all bad - you can call the players whatever you like. And in fact I'll probably choose some very nice names for the Australian players when they beat us in the Ashes...

Ha HA. U did a copy paste from Codies forum. Not a smart move mate. But yeah its a good point I don't agree on it. Using our own names takes away the charm of cricket. I don't want to play with my name unless there is a career mode!!

Users who are viewing this thread