Fairly happy with 2005 now ...

steve121157

Banned
I finally uninstalled Cricket 2004 today along with dozens of patches ! ... no regrets as I'm fairly happy now with 2005 as it looks ten times better than 2004 and with all the new add-ons of stumps, kits, umpires,pitch ads etc it's improving all the time.

I'm looking forward to some better faces ... especially the England players. Hoggard,Geraint Jones and Ashley Giles would be good for starters and although they will be hard work to produce,they would make this a great game.

I'm just frustrated [along with most other people] at not being able to play certain shots , mainly cover drives,on drives and straight drives and the commentary not making any sense a lot of the time.
I play mainly Test matches by the way... I've never been keen on the one day game... they look good though in day / night games and the coloured kits look effective.

Every time I return to a game, Richie Benaud says those runs will be given as byes, even when I block a shot or just tap the ball a few yards.
Partnership totals are wrongly given and numerous other mistakes in the commentary as most of you will have heard by now can be very annoying.
One thing I do like is when the camera switches to a scoreboard between deliveries where you can also see the correct time.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok....even Cricket 2004 was good ...with all those upgrades ....both games are good....but ....cricket 2005 is much more graphically advanced ......both games have bugs.......

one thing i noticed new about cricket 05 was when the bowler delivers the ball their is a new sound. No more listening to the crowd cheering up the bowler an then stopping even though the bowler is still running in.

Users who are viewing this thread