**Fantasy Football World Cup in association with Codemasters

dhruvagupta

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
my team is Dreamster United and aussie i hope i havent been dsq frm prizes

i recieved 3 transfersssssssssssss

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
A gap starting to appear from the top 5 to the rest. I'm going well being a non football fan :p

1 Dreamster United (dhruvagupta1990) 455
2 Lankaz (sithu28) 447.5
3 Scousers XI (az_bomb2001) 417
4 Socceroos (theman_mundine007) 413
5 G_rant Allstars (g_rant1986) 406
6 rising sunsets (lekkerkief) 385
7 Bett's Barmy Army!! (stephenbetto) 381
8 Aussie Cheeseburgers (chrisablett) 377
9 The Foundation (jnan_rox) 364.5
9 World XI (supercool2891) 364.5
11 Weltmeister (hariz_828) 347

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
sid_19840 said:
You have just had the time to change your team everyday unlike some of us.

Doesn't take that long to change your team. Just pick the players that are playing that day. Or even use the calander to select your team in advance.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
sid_19840 said:
You have just had the time to change your team everyday unlike some of us.
Yes, I missed the first 3 days for the competition as I was away and a couple of days inbetween where I just forgot. It is a bit easier to make up ground now though as there are less matches (less to forget). It also becomes a bit easier now as more players become useless. But it is almost impossible for those of us below the top 10 to challenge now. I suppose I should have read the rules and taken a bit of care with my selection. I am amazed sometimes when I see a midfielder or defender has only scored 1 point for a game when he was quite active in the match. I didnt take this into account when picking my team and thats where I suffered most.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Thats one of my mistakes. I thought you needed to pick a whole 11 but clearly you don't have to. Also defenders are basically crap in fantasy but I thought they would make lots of tackles. Of course I hardly watch football so I don't see how many fouls and tackles are made.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, I didnt read the rules, I thought they would have sorted this out.
If you look at the top teams they all picked only 1 GK and a hand full of defenders but are mostly strikers. Early fantasy football competitions suffered from this basic problem where it was only really strikers and attacking midfielders scored points but most decent fantasy competitions figured this out after the first time they were run and tweaked the rules so a more balanced team was required.

sid_19840

International Coach
I made some of the same mistakes,I thought that once I picked my initial team all the point and lineup handling would be done by them.I came to know of these changes only after the first round of matches ended and Ive been playing catch up since then.

aitzaz

Club Cricketer
aussie1st said:
A gap starting to appear from the top 5 to the rest. I'm going well being a non football fan :p

u are still maintaining ur place because u are a official partner of the great one ;) btw sylvester today is ur day to get a lead ! but beware last time Buffon got me 16 and today he is my captain .i also have zmabarotta and nesta (useless)

Abhas

Retired Administrator
got upto 8th... forgot to change the team one day... and bang!!! i'm back on 12th... :(

Could have so easily got into the top 5 :(

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
aitzaz said:
aussie1st said:

u are still maintaining ur place because u are a official partner of the great one ;) btw sylvester today is ur day to get a lead ! but beware last time Buffon got me 16 and today he is my captain .i also have zmabarotta and nesta (useless)

Lol nope :( Bad pick on the midfielder made too many fouls. Plus made him captain.

aitzaz

Club Cricketer
Your midfeild bomb? or tackle machine? which name did u gave him? I told ya defenders and defending midfeilder do a lot of fouls! more over u wasted u transfer ;)

dhruvagupta

School Cricketer
i had got just 2 players playing yesterday totti and buffon gave me 18 and 8 respectivly,2day got 7 playing kaka ronaldo ronaldinho,gallas henry,raul pyuol

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I've got the same amount but should have 8 but can't put another forward in.

Aitzaz tells me a bench player can score points so I guess I can test that theory out.

1 Dreamster United (dhruvagupta1990) 493
2 Lankaz (sithu28) 473
3 Scousers XI (az_bomb2001) 453
4 Socceroos (theman_mundine007) 442.5
5 G_rant Allstars (g_rant1986) 439
6 rising sunsets (lekkerkief) 412.5
7 Bett's Barmy Army!! (stephenbetto) 386.5
8 abhas's 11 (abhas_cool) 381.5
9 The Foundation (jnan_rox) 379.5
10 World XI (supercool2891) 379

Users who are viewing this thread