Father murders child over Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This was Tyrone Spellman's explanation to police: He "snapped" after he thought his daughter had broken a $600 Xbox game console.

Alayiah Turman was only 17 months old, born March 29, 2005. Spellman beat her to death, prosecutors say.

In an alleged confession read at his preliminary hearing yesterday, Spellman, 25, said he was playing one of Tom Clancy's "Ghost Recon" games - a violent combat epic - in a front bedroom of his family's Brewerytown home that Thursday morning, Sept. 7. He had taken Alayiah into the room so her mother, Mia Turman, could rest.

"She pulled the cord and the whole game console fell over," Spellman said in his statement, read by Homicide Detective John Cummings. "I thought it was broken. I popped her in the face. I picked her up and tossed her in a chair."

Later that day - at 12:37 p.m. - Alayiah was pronounced dead at Temple University Hospital.

Spellman, also known as Anwar Salahuddin, was held for trial by order of Municipal Court Judge Gerard A. Kosinski on charges of murder, endangering the welfare of a child, and related offenses.

source
Father who murdered his child over Xbox 360 on trial, the media are all bloodthirsty

Thats just pathetic.
He thinks an X-Box 360 is more important than his daughter.
Deserves to spend life imprisionment.

If I said what I thought, I would probably be getting a ban from PC.

Mad completely mad.

was it even a X-BOX 360 or the old one...either way its juts plain idioticness...

what the [MOD EDIT] how could someone do that. it is just wrong man. Xbox 360, more important than your own blood. I THINK NOT!

some gamers treat their boxes/consoles like babies themselves, and we all loose over control some point of time, don't we?
seems like the above two physiological facts overlapped.

but it's a horrendous thing to do

blackleopard92 said:
some gamers treat their boxes/consoles like babies themselves, and we all loose over control some point of time, don't we?
seems like the above two physiological facts overlapped.

but it's a horrendous thing to do

Reality over fantasy ;)

The simple fact that he even touched a 17 month old baby in an aggresive manner is sickening, but to "pop" her in the face is somthing which i cant even say a word for, it is sickening to hear of such a death, if faced with his burning home, we all know that he would save his Xbox over his daughter :crying

I don't reckon he'd pick his Xbox over his daughter. Sounds a lot like he wasn't trying to kill her, just lost his temper. However, he should've done something about his temper problems (e.g. counselling) before he decided to father a child.

You can't put a price on life. But obviously to him it's $600.

That's more aggressive than Afridi trying to hit a 6.

Insane.

Its a 17 Month baby.
An accident.
A XBox.
A daughter, who he has fathered.
Sick and sadding. I'm more saddened to hear this than anything :(

I had a lot to say about the incident.But the forum rules stand in my way.

The man is completely insane.How on earth can a matured human being do this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread