Favourite and least favourite commentators

Online Cricket Games Owned
What everyones favourite and least favourite commentators?

Being Australian, my favourites are:

- Richie - goes without saying. He's a legend.
- Mark "Delcious baby" Nicholas
- Kerry O'Keefe. Funniest man in commentary.
- Mark Taylor
- Simon O'Donnell

Least favourite:

- The Fox Sports team of Mark Waugh, Damien Fleming, Brendon Julian and Allan Border are terrible! They cover Aussie domestic matches. Least we get them covered I guess, but I literally have to turn the sound down.
- Ian Healy - he keeps stumbling over his own words and makes no sense.

Really dislike Ian Healey, not very articulate and rarely raises any interesting points, with the exception of when he is talking about wicket-keeping. Ian Smith is the same and Danny Morrisson has been quite poor lately.

My favourite is Mark Nicholas though, absolute gem of a man when it comes to expressing the beauty of cricket. Quite like Martin Crowe and Jeremy Coney too.

Mark Nicholas is brilliant. Very articulate and makes the game sound so dramatic its great!

I like Bill Lawry too, he brings some excitement.

I don't like Mark Taylor at all. He annoys me because he was covering Gillys Hundred at perth and kept saying "ooh that sounded superb..it is superb!" He said it like 3 times and it ticked me off, once is enough!

I like Healz :)

FAV: Bumble and by long way. No one can even come close to him. If second then no one can beat Siddhu here.

Not Fav: Ranjit Fernando.....Don't like his accent.

Bill Lawry :D

I don't mind Michael Slater either.

Mark Nicholas is brilliant. Very articulate and makes the game sound so dramatic its great!

I like Bill Lawry too, he brings some excitement.

I don't like Mark Taylor at all. He annoys me because he was covering Gillys Hundred at perth and kept saying "ooh that sounded superb..it is superb!" He said it like 3 times and it ticked me off, once is enough!

I like Healz :)

Nah, that was awesome. :D

Made everyone dance around the room going crazy. Atleast it made me do that.... I my head.

Last edited:
Faviroute.

The 'Sky Sports' team, by far.

Least Faviroute.

Bill Lawy how annoying is he, 'BAAAANG They'll Pic up a single' or 'BAAAAAAAANG Hit straight to square leg' or 'BAAAAAAAAAANG Youuuu Whoooooooooo'

He's so annoying, and his voice keeps breaking...

Oh I also hate the asian team (India v Pak commentators) that for some reason think they can dub over the english team wtf?

Faviroute.

The 'Sky Sports' team, by far.

Least Faviroute.

Bill Lawy how annoying is he, 'BAAAANG They'll Pic up a single' or 'BAAAAAAAANG Hit straight to square leg' or 'BAAAAAAAAAANG Youuuu Whoooooooooo'

He's so annoying, and his voice keeps breaking...

Oh I also hate the asian team (India v Pak commentators) that for some reason think they can dub over the english team wtf?

Because he's old. :rolleyes:
I like the BANG! anyway.

Favs
Bill Lawry - Is a LEGEND...BAAAANGG is a trademark and his balls continuously dropping is hilarious.
Richie Benaud - Is just a legend.
Michael Holding - Sexiest voice I have ever heard.

Hate
Tony Grieg - Your just a tool, you say some stupid s--t.
Damien Fleming - Sounds like he has a cold 24/7. Someone get this man some anti-biotics!
Geoff Boycott - Is probably a good commentator and I loved him as a Cricketer...but damn...if I had to listen to that accent for more then 5 minutes I think my ears might start bleeding. So bloody annoying that accent is.
Ian Healy - Stop embarrassing yourself and go do some 'Keeping coaching at the academy or something instead.

Sorry but 'BAAAAAAAANG' on every ball is just annoying Richies old his voice doesnt break with every word he speaks....

Bill Lawry is the funniest commentator to listen to by far, just the way he calls every Australian a "world champion" regardless of how much they've actually done. It's even funnier with Victorians, but there aren't any in the team at the moment so we're missing out on that fun. He's basically a supporter with a microphone.

Bill Lawry :D

I don't mind Michael Slater either.

Nah, that was awesome. :D

Made everyone dance around the room going crazy. Atleast it made me do that.... I my head.

Slats is pretty good. As is Mark Taylor. Pity I didnt hear Mark Taylor when Gilly got his ton. COS I WAS AT THE GAME!!!!! eheheh it was freakin orsum!!

The Indian commentator for the 20-20 World Cup and Aus v India series is pretty annoying. So serious about everything all the time.

Last edited:
Richie, obviously. I enjoy listening to Mike Atherton and Simon Hughes had better insight than anyone I can think or at the moment.

Can't stand Boycott. Really gets to me. Don't mind the accent at all, just the attitude. Hypercritical at times - and his grandmother really isn't all that.

Hate-
Rameez Raja- Use the right words.
Arun Lal- Just Plain Annoying.
Zaheer Abhas- "The Tanvir is bowling well. The Batsman is batting. The Bowler is bowling." Uses "The" on every sentence, and states the obvious.
Waqar Younis - Keeps saying what the other guy says. I think we heard him the first time Waqar.
Ranjit Fernando - No words need to be said.
Shivaramakrisnan(sp)- His voice is soo irratating. He exaggerates everything.
Ravi Shastri - He can predict the Future! :o
Tony Cosier
Botham

Ian Bishop
Michael Holding

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread