Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
actually one thing that annoys me is the animation when LBW. How do I as the batsman know for certain if I'm LBW? But no, if you're out, your batsman's animation is an 'oh no' turn and walk...if not out, 'what, me?.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW pla do fix this as its really annoying as bastman got LBW and he started walking without waiting for umpire decision in next crickt.

also do add team stats or ranking system based on finished match success percent as that would be good to see your teams miving up and down in ranking

also it would be great if we have any app or web page which are linked with our game account performance, stats, kits creation, fielding plan, lineup, etc i.e. managerial access about ur game account on web page or app account so if u r not playing game , u can review that from from mobile etc for tweaks or planning etc

Last edited:

The_Pharoah

International Coach
One significant part that is missing from DB14 (which needs to be incorporated into DB16) is the 'fear' of losing your spot which involves:

1. losing your spot in the state side; and
2. losing your spot in the team.

At the moment you can have ducks for every game and still open the following season. I know this is partially implemented for the national teams but it add to the excitement ie.

- joining a team and having to bat lower down the order; or
- based on the status of the game, being sent in to score quick runs (or vice versa to play out for a draw), etc

Arindam98

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have one more suggestion- please make the right stick less sensitive during fast and medium bowling. It's not hard to pitch the ball between the line of the off stump and the wide line in real life, unlike DBC 14 where it is a mighty task for less-skilled people like me. I end up bowling on the line of the wickets most of the time, and have to sit through long stretches of defensive blocks in test matches without any wicket.

AnkitC

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have a suggestion regarding the Don Bradman Cricket Academy and the way we download teams.

In the current setup of DBC 14, it is excruciatingly difficult to find teams which are updated recently. The teams which are rated highly are mostly created months ago and haven't been updated in a while.

In DBC 16 please add an extra label or tag which signifies the series or the tournament, the particular Roster & Lineups were created for. Or even better would be to be able to download rosters of all teams participating in a particular Series or Tournament together as a bundle. Because Rosters & Lineups of teams are completely Tournament/Series dependent.

Please ignore, if this has been taken into consideration already. And I'm not sure if I need to tag anyone. If it's required please someone do it for me.

Thanks.

Last edited:

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Obviously I'd hate to think anyone would come to the conclusion that there was any relation between in game tournaments and a certain real world one, but I'm sure the game will feature an England and Wales based first class tournament with two divisions of 8 and 10 teams respectively.

Perhaps you could highlight the lack of similarities between in game competitions and certain ones played in the real world by making sure that if you have world cup style competitions included in the next versions career mode, you give them formats that aren't quite as stupid as those used in certain real world competitions? ;)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Perhaps you could highlight the lack of similarities between in game competitions and certain ones played in the real world by making sure that if you have world cup style competitions included in the next versions career mode, you give them formats that aren't quite as stupid as those used in certain real world competitions? ;)
I'd certainly be interested in people's thoughts on that matter.

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer
I like the game to become more challenging for us experienced DB14 players hence the below recommendations:

1. Add more swing or seam movement to deliveries from fast bowlers (to beat the batsmen via seam or swing)
2. Add more spin or turn movement to deliveries from spinners (to beat the batsmen on turn or on flight)
3. Frequent field placements based on hitting zones of batsmen
4. Bigger boundary option (Rope distance LONG to be stretched to make it a bigger ground) --> remember this should be added as an option under Match type designer
5. Improvement in hitting areas of AI batsmen
6. Bowling to vary based on pitch conditions (green pitch more visible swing/ seam, dusty pitch should produce more prodiguous turn) - in DB14 there is hardly any noticeable difference based on pitch conditions (other than cracks on the pitch :-))

Last edited:

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
My 2 Cents-

1.The Bowling controls are awesome Just the Hud takes too much screen space so Instead Of speedometer May be we can have Bars .

2.AI needs huge improvement Particularly In tests.

3.Player roles have to work they were broken in Dbc 14.

4.Few bugs in dbc 14 like bowlers throwing down stumps after every ball and changing from over to around randomly.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
I'd certainly be interested in people's thoughts on that matter.

I'd prefer the format of last year's world cup to be used with 7 team groups instead of the glorified champions trophy we're getting in 2019.

Last edited:

Karachi

Associate Captain
Just to name few:
  • Better graphics
  • Better camera work
  • Better & exciting Crowd (with flags)
  • More stadiums per team
  • Stadium builder
  • Pakistan Super League
  • Manager/coach mode
  • Big tournament like World Cup, World T20I, etc ... should have atmosphere of their own.
  • More then 2 commentators per game.
  • VR support

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Team career mode!*

*Please don't shout at me...

theCenturion195

School Cricketer
I have a rather large wishlist when it comes to what features i would like in the next edition of the series. I felt that big ant's version has been the best attempt at a cricket game by far and now have a great launch pad to build on for the next edition.

CAREER: I felt the career mode was good to have but it was so basic that it got boring very quickly. I have a few suggestions that would make the career mode more enjoyable to play
-Cut scenes: A lot of people bring this up about doing press conferences, and gaining popularity like in 2k. I feel this is un realistic as Big Ant are a small company with limited funding and if they did it, it would probably be crap anyway. However i believe they have the capacity to be able to really improve basic atmosphere things such as the celebration of a wicket or a 100, or the anger or disappointment in losing your wicket. Another thing i think big ant could do would be to instead of doing the press conference thing with popularity and crap, there could be a media section which displays cut-scenes from the news relating to the players form or articles from the paper and thus the way the article has targeted the player impacts his confidence. e.g *Player scores a double century and saves test series* A cut-scene would show after the match of the news pumping up his tyres and telling the world how good he is. On the flip side if the player is in poor form there would be articles and shit talking about their spot in the team being in jeopardy.
-Players being dropped/player movement: Again im not sure how hard this would be for big ant to create but the least they could do would be to have the players performance actually matter. One of the biggest things that pissed me off about the last career mode was you couldn't get dropped so this is a must for me. Interesting to see how far they go with it but yeh at the very least the player has to be able to get dropped.
-Not starting at state level straight away: I have an idea for this one. instead of starting at grade cricket like many people are saying, the player could start at the U/19s world cup as a double bottom ager/bottom ager and if they have an un successful tournament they play in that league till they are 19 then they automatically go into state level from which they cannot get dropped from (However they would be able to get dropped from the BBL as it has grown into something larger than a domestic competition).
-Sponsorships: people are always raving about getting sponsored and the gear you get improves your skills. I find that a rubbish idea as the gear would be treated like armour you find in an rpg game. instead of this the gear could be irrelevant and the kind of sponsorship deal you get could impact the amount of skill points you earn to upgrade your player. For instance, securing a multi million dollar deal would get you 2x skill points per game, thus allowing you to level up faster.

ACADEMY: Pretty simple on this one. Just need more of everything. more fake brand names and bats etc , more types of gear, more hairstyles, more shirt types and designs, more shoes, etc. Also additions such as stadium creator (Already confirmed) and logo importer would be great.

GAMEPLAY: I'll just briefly touch on this as everyone knows what was bad about the game play
-Commentary: Real average and repetitive, massive overhaul needed as it is a vital part of creating the atmosphere for the games.
-Bug fixes: just needs a clean a up, generally pretty good but a few bad bugs every now and then
-Individual batting techniques and bowling actions: This is a make or break for me , if big ant do this and can pull it off itll be one of the greatest things to come out of the game as you'll actually be able to tell the difference when Shaun Tait is bowling from one end and dale steyn from the other or when Steve smith is batting with someone.

D

Dutch

You ll be glad to hear that career mode has been greatly revamped and expanded....

Last edited by a moderator:

Fantazm

County Cricketer
In career mode, stop the game from declaring your innings when you're the bloody skipper!! 6 runs short of my highest score with this career player as well.

Users who are viewing this thread