Feb07 New Taoc Official Video Released

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,

finally released it. Again, quality not so great, YouTube quality is very poor, the one i uploaded to the official TAOC website is much better (heck, you can actually see the ball) - but you'll have to wait for the official website one to be published - ive asked Matt to announce here when it is ready

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZZaN2wxZjM

some points to note on the video:

- fielders are not yet active, so they just stand there...please dont complain about this as they are not fully working yet.

I'll also upload a HIGH quality version tomorrow to the official website

cheers,

LM

manee

Chairman of Selectors
legend_master said:
Hi all,

finally released it. Again, quality not so great, YouTube quality is very poor, the one i uploaded to the official TAOC website is much better (heck, you can actually see the ball) - but you'll have to wait for the official website one to be published - ive asked Matt to announce here when it is ready

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZZaN2wxZjM

some points to note on the video:

- fielders are not yet active, so they just stand there...please dont complain about this as they are not fully working yet.

I'll also upload a HIGH quality version tomorrow to the official website

cheers,

LM

The video is very good, but a few minor niggles about the camera view when the ball is not hit far.

Well done!

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
coolio

brilliant vid, game's looking great

saw a bit too much of the legspinner

Last edited:

cricketer112

Club Cricketer
brilliant video - bowling animations look very fluid indeed, and some of the batting strokes were excellent, will be nice to see the high quality video as the youtube one viewed at full screen is hard to see the ball.

holmie

Club Cricketer
great new achievements since the last video. cant wait til the higher quality one.

dmckenna

Club Cricketer
looks amazing well done lm just a question will this be avalable for free? and this really does look very good that cut shot was cracking :D

legend_master

Will_NA said:
coolio

brilliant vid, game's looking great

saw a bit too much of the legspinner

lol, the reason for that is it's easier for me to hit the legspinner when taking the video (the video recording cuts the fps in half i.e. 30fps - so it runs in slow motion ;) )

Hard to see from that video (in low quality) but there are some Googlys and Outswinger and Inswinger there too...

Also a new stroke in there - the 'Yorker block' which is a special block just for yorkers. It's difficult to play but has a great success rate against yorkers. This will require alertness to play, specially against a fast bowler. Other blocks may work against a yorker too, but this stroke will have better odds of digging it out. Think of it as a last ditch thing.

The next official video i might try to focus more on bowling as i should have the bowling HUD completed pretty soon, as well as different actions.

the next few things on my agenda are these:

- fix little glitches
- activate edges and tweak mistimings off the bat
- complete bowling - allow left handers and all different actions, slower bowlers, variable pace, chaos algorithm, stats influencing time to see the marker and also reading of the ball, adjusting start angle of bowler etc
- fielders - do all AI and pathfinding. Integrate all animations of catching and chasing and diving etc (cant wait for this stage ;) )

Drewska said:
That's cricket alright. :D

EDIT: Are the keepers working?

no, not yet. Hopefully in a week they will be

D

Deleted member 11215

the keepers look amazing love the way that he drops when the bowler comes in top class stuff, im just wondering how many rep points you got ;). also when are the TAOC mugs coming?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Also a new stroke in there - the 'Yorker block' which is a special block just for yorkers. It's difficult to play but has a great success rate against yorkers. This will require alertness to play, specially against a fast bowler. Other blocks may work against a yorker too, but this stroke will have better odds of digging it out. Think of it as a last ditch thing.

Looking great - however I have just one request !

Please please please make it difficult for humans to bowl yorkers - every game I have played since the 80's it has been so easy to do. It should be hard to bowl but with high chance of reward if achieved (unless the batter plays the yorker block shot you are talking about of course)

Again if the bowler tries to bowl a yorker but is unsuccessful (due to it being hard to correctly bowl a yorker) then the resulting full toss/half volley should be easy to put away.

This is risk/reward working at its best. I.e. high risk of not pulling off the delivery, but the reward for managing to bowl a yorker is high etc

srk121

International Coach
Cheers LM for the Video.

What i really like:

1. Ball Collision.
2. Backlifts of batsman
3. shot hit on the point area, just that push for single.
4. padding to the spinner (Something special)
5. pull shots.
6. Yorker special shot.
7. I really liked the bit when batsman is ready to face bowler and looks down then up again. (really good stuff)
8. Leg spinner bowling round the wicket and batsman just turn slightly his way to face the bowl. (is this delibratly done by computer? or you can move your batsman doing this LM?)

The only concern i have regarding this video is. Bat speed, during the collision it seem to slow down a bit. so when bowl is hit bowl look bit to fast for the bat speed. another thing is camera angle, i no you will fix these minor glitches.

Cheers LM.

legend_master

zimrahil said:
Looking great - however I have just one request !

Please please please make it difficult for humans to bowl yorkers - every game I have played since the 80's it has been so easy to do. It should be hard to bowl but with high chance of reward if achieved (unless the batter plays the yorker block shot you are talking about of course)

Again if the bowler tries to bowl a yorker but is unsuccessful (due to it being hard to correctly bowl a yorker) then the resulting full toss/half volley should be easy to put away.

This is risk/reward working at its best. I.e. high risk of not pulling off the delivery, but the reward for managing to bowl a yorker is high etc

I couldn't agree more ;) Dont worry, yorkers will be hard to pull off. Each bowler will have a stat for bowling each type of delivery, including yorkers. Not only this, but the 'chaos algorithm' (tm)(i should trademark this - hehe) will ensure that even an intended yorker will more than likely go astray, from a slight amount to enough to make it become a half volley for smashing. Bowler stats will affect the accuracy and effect of the chaos algorithm.

srk121 said:
Cheers LM for the Video.

What i really like:

1. Ball Collision.
2. Backlifts of batsman
3. shot hit on the point area, just that push for single.
4. padding to the spinner (Something special)
5. pull shots.
6. Yorker special shot.
7. I really liked the bit when batsman is ready to face bowler and looks down then up again. (really good stuff)
8. Leg spinner bowling round the wicket and batsman just turn slightly his way to face the bowl. (is this delibratly done by computer? or you can move your batsman doing this LM?)

The only concern i have regarding this video is. Bat speed, during the collision it seem to slow down a bit. so when bowl is hit bowl look bit to fast for the bat speed. another thing is camera angle, i no you will fix these minor glitches.

Cheers LM.

Thanks mate for the c&c...

The bat speed does slow down slightly after collision, which is deliberate...not sure if it's just the video, but when i play it it feels very natural...hmm..in any case its very easy for me to adjust. I'd like to get some other people's opinion on this...if enough people agree then i can reduce the effect of this slow down

Can you please be more specific about the camera angle thing? What is the problem with it?

High quality vid has been uploaded to the official site - just waiting on Matt now...

Users who are viewing this thread