Feb07 New Taoc Official Video Released

camera angles: i think camera should follow the bowl slightly closer. some camera angles does show the bowl but it far from the bowl.

legend_master said:
High quality vid has been uploaded to the official site - just waiting on Matt now...
I was asleep when you PMed me, so I couldn't post them. But there are on the site now for all to enjoy, including two high quality videos of shots.

whitehornmatt said:
I was asleep when you PMed me, so I couldn't post them. But there are on the site now for all to enjoy, including two high quality videos of shots.

CHeers, Matt, you're a champion ;) :cheers

your both champions, thanks for the vids

and LM i am so happy that you are making this game about stats, stats, and more stats, there seems to be a stat to go with everything which is brilliant.

cricketer112 said:
your both champions, thanks for the vids

and LM i am so happy that you are making this game about stats, stats, and more stats, there seems to be a stat to go with everything which is brilliant.
There will also be a stat to say how many stats are being used at a given time :D

just watched the HQ vid, very impressed, you have done a very tidy job on this game, this is commercial quality no doubt, you should be very proud of yourself :hpraise

collision looks good, one thing i think is important though - will it be completely possible for an air shot to go any length possible from 10 yards to 90 and anything in between? i mean in EA and Blic there is usually a miss timed shot straight up, the one in the middle not very far but not a complete shank, the one thats caught on the fence, and the big six there doesent seem to be a randomness to the shots in EA or Blic - hope you know what im getting at :cheers

what codec do i need for the other HQ vids? i got the first one no problem, i tried watching the pull shot and the charge and it says something about a codec needed.

cricketer112 said:
what codec do i need for the other HQ vids? i got the first one no problem, i tried watching the pull shot and the charge and it says something about a codec needed.
Try playing it in VLC (www.videolan.org/vlc/), if that doesn't work, I would take a guess that the codec is probably XviD (www.xvid.org)

cricketer112 said:
just watched the HQ vid, very impressed, you have done a very tidy job on this game, this is commercial quality no doubt, you should be very proud of yourself :hpraise

collision looks good, one thing i think is important though - will it be completely possible for an air shot to go any length possible from 10 yards to 90 and anything in between? i mean in EA and Blic there is usually a miss timed shot straight up, the one in the middle not very far but not a complete shank, the one thats caught on the fence, and the big six there doesent seem to be a randomness to the shots in EA or Blic - hope you know what im getting at :cheers

thanks..

yep, that is what i have spent so many hours getting right...the ball literally can end up anywhere...no more garbage spiders with only one leg ;)

i use Fraps to take the vids and it records .avi files so yeah, i assume Xvid...if you have a multi-codec then should be fine...if you dont then check out Storm codec - freeware

On the whole the video was great, I especially liked the full toss being smashed over cover, but a few points I think need to be improved:

1. The defense shot at the start looked poor. The bat started horizontal and just turned so it was vertical. Looked more like he was trying to guide it through the slip area.
2. The fast bowlers seem like they're falling over when they deliver the ball. It just doesn't seem fluent enough.
3. Maybe it's just the camera angle, but the batsmen really need to take a bigger stride forward, they just don't seem to be getting their front foot forward enough.

Last edited:
My fault paul. bat speed in new high res video look fine. it looks very natural.

RabbleRouser said:
On the whole the video was great, I especially liked the full toss being smashed over cover, but a few points I think need to be improved:

1. The defense shot at the start looked poor. The bat started horizontal and just turned so it was vertical. Looked more like he was trying to guide it through the slip area.
2. The fast bowlers seem like they're falling over when they deliver the ball. It just doesn't seem fluent enough.
3. Maybe it's just the camera angle, but the batsmen really need to take a bigger stride forward, they just don't seem to be getting their front foot forward enough.

All seem true. That defensive shot felt awkward to me and the batsman is playing some awkward shots on the front foot as well.

Defense shot, bowling action and camera actions are wrong.

About a thousand other things are right :D,

leg spin action is great, although could be slowed down a tiny bit

the fast bowler does not leap at all in his delivery stride and the action is awkward

the strokes look great though, very well done

batsman doesn't take a big stride forward

in the next vid or screen, could you possibly show a sky sports overlay? :upray

hmm...well, allow me to counter some of those claims...

- stride - actually most of the shots in the video were back foot shots, only the coverdrives were front foot really...in any case ive attached some screens showing that his front foot does get in front...dont be fooled bythe camera field of view

- fast bowler action - he does in fact leap - again, screenshot attached - dont be fooled by the camera. I think while his action is not so great, it's not too bad considering the lack of motion capture available. It's really difficult to get the bowling actions done well.

- defensive shot - this was a back foot def to the off side...i dont think its that bad really..looks ok to me...

- camera angles - what exactly is wrong? Srk121 mentioned they were a bit too far away...ive rectified that now. Other than that i think they are quite good. Remember, im not trying to replicate EA or BLIC...things in this game may be done very differently. Doesn't mean its any worse though...

Attachments

• TAOC 2007-02-13 11-26-46-32.jpg
    TAOC 2007-02-13 11-26-46-32.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 95
  • TAOC 2007-02-13 11-27-15-25.jpg
    TAOC 2007-02-13 11-27-15-25.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 88
  • TAOC 2007-02-13 11-38-18-85.jpg
    TAOC 2007-02-13 11-38-18-85.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 87
i've zipped my mouth and thrown away the key.......for now :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread